Allergy to eye lash dye

(16 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Mon 19-Aug-13 17:42:14

Anyone else had a severe reaction to an eye lash tint. Eyelids very swollen and red and eyes very bloodshot. Has lasted 4 days. Aghhh

EldonAve Mon 19-Aug-13 17:46:26

Poor you
Did you do a patch test before hand?

ggirl Mon 19-Aug-13 17:52:58

I had this, my eyes were the same with pus coming out as well..was awful . I went to GP and got drops and also GP friend of mine gave me steroids for a few days to help. Took a week to look remotely norma again

ggirl Mon 19-Aug-13 17:53:46

IIrc I went back to GP cos first drops did nothing

you have my sympathy

valiumredhead Mon 19-Aug-13 23:48:56

Oh yes,a friend had the same, took about a week to go.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 21-Aug-13 10:27:10

Ggirl I wonder was it the same brand?
No I didn't have a patch test done. I niw kniw it it is this brand I am allergic to. Will check the name.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 21-Aug-13 10:31:40

Ggirl I wonder was it the same brand?
No I didn't have a patch test done. I niw kniw it it is this brand I am allergic to. Will check the name.

ggirl Wed 21-Aug-13 18:26:37

I have no idea what brand was used on mine, had my brows done at same time. Would love to find a brand that I could use

MrsRogerSterling Wed 21-Aug-13 19:53:06

I used Dylash to tint my eyebrow (so glad I didn't do my lashes) they swelled up massively, we're very red and itchy. Was hideous, lasted about a week. I took antihistamines and kept applying calamine lotion until it had calmed down.

spanishring Thu 22-Aug-13 09:11:08

Sounds like you have an allergy to ppd so it's not the brand it's the chemical. In all dark dyes I'm afraid. Sali Hughes has

spanishring Thu 22-Aug-13 09:11:31

Whoops. Written about due allergies a lot

spanishring Thu 22-Aug-13 09:11:48

Dye!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 23-Aug-13 09:38:34

Combinal tint it's called. One week later the swelling around my eyes is subsiding and they are less bloodshot. Good job I hadn't got them done for some big life event (wedding, 21st, big anniversary) I would have been dreadful in the pictures.

EldonAve Fri 23-Aug-13 18:06:38

did you do it at home?

I had a patch test at a salon and it was fine. When it came to the appt, within 30 seconds of the dye going on I realised I was having a reaction and the beautician removed it. Thankfully only a bit of redness, but I was glad I didn't assume the heat was part of the process.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 24-Aug-13 17:56:46

No it was done at a salon. Eyes still bloodshot but swelling gone down. My own fault i did not do a patch test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now