So now I've raised the money do I buy the Ash boots?

(50 Posts)
Sassee Thu 15-Aug-13 17:50:25

I'm on maternity leave so cash is tight. I'm also on a really strict diet so any clothes I am buying are very cheap as they won't fit for long.

I've just sold all my maternity clothes on eBay and have raised some cash.

I could put it towards a month of diet food - boring

I could put it towards Christmas, already saving advantage points and on topcashback so sort that.

Or I could buy some Ash Spiral boots in camel.

Are they worth the money? I've seen them in the sale.

Will I wear them? I'm working on the theory that good shoes and good bag can make any primark or supermarket outfit look expensive.

Oh wise ladies help me, please.

cardamomginger Thu 15-Aug-13 18:23:00

I have 2 pairs of Ash spirals - one in prune and one in camel. I LOVE them. They are very comfortable and look great. I think they are well made. I had a lengthy discussion in S&B before I bought the prune ones and other MNers who had tried different brands as well as Ash, said they were generally better made and longer lasting than most. There seem to be a variety of places that have them for sale at discounted prices. I got both mine online from Brand Boudoir. Prune were £75 and Camel were £99.

Sassee Thu 15-Aug-13 18:44:54

Thanks

What do you tend to wear them with? I have in my head an outfit of coloured skinnies with a slouchy knit or t shirt.

cardamomginger Thu 15-Aug-13 19:00:23

Jeans, leggings/skinnies, slouchy t-shirts/vests. Skirts/dresses would work too.

Bexicles Thu 15-Aug-13 19:03:29

cardamomginger are the camel pair you have the western style boot? They are on there for £60, I'm seriously tempted.

cardamomginger Thu 15-Aug-13 19:08:35

Yes. Bollocks. And I've worn them (*but only ONCE* angry) so I can't return them and then buy them cheaper. Bollocks bollocks bollocks.

cardamomginger Thu 15-Aug-13 19:09:38

Bollocks

Trumpton Thu 15-Aug-13 19:35:23

Ah but what you can do is buy the £60 pair and return them on the more expensive invoice thereby gaining a refund on the original pair cost ( takes some thinking about but it works )

MrsRogerSterling Thu 15-Aug-13 19:52:04

Buy them. I have the Spirals in Prune and Jalouse in dark brown, love them both and mostly wear with grey opaques and dresses in autumn/winter. They look fab with bare legs and skirts/dresses but I hate my legs so live in harems over summer.

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Thu 15-Aug-13 20:23:57

What is the sizing like on these? It's says generous but how generous?? I am a 5 and a half in Clarks and New Look wide fit... Should I go for a 5 or 6???

Bexicles Thu 15-Aug-13 20:30:43

I've just ordered them, I 'm a 5 and half so ordered the 5. Hopefully should fit nicely.

Sassee Thu 15-Aug-13 20:34:33

I've ordered before all you sneaky ladies jump in and they sell out!

I've had a pair in my basket all week so I got them for £59.60. LIKE1 gets a £1 discount also. Every little...

I've gone for the 39 which is a 6 I think. I'm usually a pretty perfect size 6, although occasionally go down to a 5. I'm figuring I can cure too loose with inner soles and socks but nothing can persuade me to break in a pair of shoes that are too tight. I'm looking at you, the black court shoes that I spent too much money on that I'd wear every day to work!

cardamomginger Thu 15-Aug-13 20:35:32

Oh yeah.... grin.

wools Fri 16-Aug-13 09:59:26

Oooh I love these boots - had a cheapy version last winter so have just treated myself to a camel coloured pair.

foxysocks Fri 16-Aug-13 12:46:50

I have the ash jalouse so not sure if sizing is the same but they come up huge. I am a 5.5 usually, even have a couple of shoes /boots in a 6, but needed a 37 in jalouse. They are perfect with tights.

Sassee Fri 16-Aug-13 13:11:05

Bugger bugger bugger, these are going to be too big aren't they?

Decameron Fri 16-Aug-13 14:17:42

They are true to size for me.

MrsRogerSterling Fri 16-Aug-13 15:02:41

I am an 8 and ordered the 41 which fit just fine, I don't find them big at all.

cardamomginger Fri 16-Aug-13 16:17:58

I found both spiral and jalouse came up true to size. I am a 7 and 40 fits me fine. (I tried th 39 and they were too small for me.) Had to return the jalouse because I couldn't get them on (stupid high instep!). You should be fine.

belledejour Fri 16-Aug-13 18:06:56

Jalouse too big and too wide for me and my feet fell out...not one for narrow feet/ankles. I'd say size down. Of course the Isabel Marant Dicker (which the Jalouse pay 'homage' to) is the perfect fit on me and 3 x the price...sod's law, innit.

foxysocks Fri 16-Aug-13 19:03:28

ah yes, I do have narrow feet and skinny ankles, maybe that's another reason the size down was better. I hope they fit everyone else ok!

Sassee Mon 19-Aug-13 10:32:13

Phew, size 6 here and ordered the 39.

They're spot on. They'll obviously give but there's no way I could break in a 38.

Just need to keep plugging on with the diet so that skinny jeans and my arse and thighs become friends.

Doubly pleased because they were bought with my eBay sales money,so they feel free!

Hope everyone else's fit.

cardamomginger Mon 19-Aug-13 12:59:39

Enjoy grin.

Bexicles Mon 19-Aug-13 14:58:59

Oh bugger was at the gym and missed the delivery! Very happy they fit you Sassee, have fun in them!

QueenQueenie Mon 19-Aug-13 15:19:17

MRS ROGER STIRLING. I see you have both the Spiral and the Jalousie. How are they different? Hard to see on the Ash website... Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now