Non-naff 1980s style top needed

(8 Posts)
BonaDea Tue 06-Aug-13 21:08:17

Please help me!

I'm going to a hen do in a couple of weeks and the theme is 80s. We're all going to wear either black skinny jeans or leggings, heels and some silly accessories we've organised. So I just need to get a top.

Ideally I'll wear leggings as I have those but would need a longer top as I had my son 4 months ago so still feeling very wobbly round the middle. Before pg I was a size 12 with big norks. I now have even bigger norks and am prob a size 14-16. Ok prob 16.

I don't feel very confident at the moment and haven't had a proper night out in over a year. Id like to look good but passable would do.

Any ideas for a top please??

CointreauVersial Wed 07-Aug-13 00:07:17

Have a look in Primark. Tons of neon, layering tops etc that would be perfect for 80s.

MrsBottesini Wed 07-Aug-13 00:24:17

do layering. the look was vest, then slouchy top over it sort of off the shoulder slanty, or even better a ThingWithHolesIn. H&M and Primark both full of em as you've already heard. oh I remember we also wore our vest tops two sizes too big and over our tshirts (why??) grin
fwiw that lot should make you feel a million dollars. I've recently sorted out a whole dance group with Fame outfits, all from Primark wink
Don't forget your blue eyeshadow and candy pink lippy. mine was heather shimmer grin
have a great night smile

MrsBottesini Wed 07-Aug-13 00:26:07

btw I do hope you have a mahoosive pink or yellow bow for your hair wink Essential.

bellabelly England Wed 07-Aug-13 00:27:34

Batwing sleeves. Or have you considered a Frankie Says Relax baggy vest top?

bellabelly England Wed 07-Aug-13 00:29:27
bellabelly England Wed 07-Aug-13 00:29:52

The rogue apostrophe would bother me though...

BonaDea Wed 07-Aug-13 19:26:58

Thanks all! Shall get over to primark!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now