All of you that dislike your legs, please help find me a couple of dresses

(20 Posts)
Imusteatmoredoughnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 20:46:32

That I can wear over leggings, pref to take me through to Autumn, maybe by adding a cardigan or blazer...

I'm 5'6 size 12, most of my weight on my stomach, empire line tends to make me look pregnant sad

Why do you dislike your legs?

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 20:59:14

One leg is larger than the other, covered in severe inoperable varicose veins, can just about get away with leggings with them not showing. Depressing at 31 years old.

dexter73 Tue 06-Aug-13 21:08:19

Somebody linked to this dress today and I thought it was very pretty. There are lots of nice dresses at Oasis at the moment.

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 21:47:27

It is gorgeous, a bit over my budget unfortunately; could that style be worn with leggings?

LaTrucha Tue 06-Aug-13 21:59:24

Have you considered a maxi skirt look for autumn? Like any of these sorts of looks?

I think tea dresses work quite well with leggings. I like the combo of tea dress, leggings, chunky socks scrunched down over ankle boots. Little bit grungey.

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 22:41:44

I do love that maxi skirt look, but what I you wear on your feet??

Never sure about tea dresses, feel frumpy/mumsy on me...

I west flat biker boots with a maxi in winter.

NoComet Tue 06-Aug-13 22:50:44

I'm sure Oasis had a lot of lovely £40 ish dresses in the shop. I had to get DD1 out of there quick, before it got expensive.

QueenQueenie Tue 06-Aug-13 22:51:31

AMBER, as queen of the ankle boot could you possibly point me in the direction of something slouchy (not too tight at top or else legs might look like trotters I fear) with a low heel that I can wear with opaques, knee length dresses?? Have decent budget. TIA

Queen I have these in a dark grey which I find work really well as you describe. Great price if they have your size. For a darker option I love these or if you want something flat I love the style of the Marant Jenny

QueenQueenie Wed 07-Aug-13 09:45:06

Many thanks Amber. They are all good but I especially like the H by Hudson ones. Perfect. Am going to hunt them down...

QueenQueenie Wed 07-Aug-13 09:50:22

The black snake ones...

Yes, they are nice, aren't they? A little bit different for the winter months. I am on a spend ban, but they are very tempting!

mmmmmchocolate Wed 07-Aug-13 19:57:08

Have a look at New look for the dresses you describe. I've seen lots in their plus size range so I'm assuming they will have similar in the normal range for your size. I brought a few yesterday.

They're quite cheap too HTH.

SuckAtRelationships Wed 07-Aug-13 20:47:06

Be proud of the veins. I have em. I toned my legs up (lots of squats and lunges) and I got shouted at the other day 'check the legs on that' (ok so the 'that' bit was very hmm but still....) You can have nice legs with the veins smile

SuckAtRelationships Wed 07-Aug-13 20:52:44

BTW I don't normally flash my legs but was a festival and hot out!

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Wed 07-Aug-13 22:58:52

Loving what's in Oasis at the moment, off to check out New Look...

SUR, even with toned legs it wouldn't make a difference, I've got Chronic Venous Insifficiency as well as Post Thrombotic Syndrome, my leg is a mess and noticeably a different size...

Imusteatmoredoughnuts Wed 07-Aug-13 23:08:57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now