How to wear brogues?

(5 Posts)
AquaticNocturne Tue 06-Aug-13 17:45:36

I quite fancy a pair of brown brogues for the Autumn/Winter (I know, I'm about 4 years behind you all....)

Question is, what do I actually do with them? I'm short (ish), quite petite and most of the winter wear either short dresses with coloured tights and boots or skinny cords/jeans/ short skirts with sweaters and cardis. I don't wear much black or brown, tend to favour navy, maroon and grey.

Can I wear brogues with my normal winter wardrobe? Would anything else look better with them? And what colour should I go for?

I aspire to look like the proprietor of a cool, Camden bookshop (rather than my true station in life- a country-dwelling Psychiatrist!).

Thanks smile

Keztrel Tue 06-Aug-13 18:17:40

Sounds like they'll go really well with what you normally wear. I like them with black opaques or ankle skimming trousers and invisible socks.

Keztrel Tue 06-Aug-13 18:18:49

Weirdly I picture Camden bookshop owners and country dwelling psychiatrists to have similar tastes...

dexter73 Tue 06-Aug-13 18:32:28

I wear brogues in the winter with pretty much exactly what you are suggesting. I love them.

daimbardiva Tue 06-Aug-13 21:15:43

I think brogues would fit perfectly with your style. I got a pair last year and honestly don't know what I did without them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now