Rock/alternative clothing

(15 Posts)

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Internet sites or shops that sell reasonably priced 'alternative' clothing? I went shopping today and all the high street shops sell the same sort of stuff. I'm 33, wear band t shirts and skinny jeans religiously but would like something a bit more...... STYLISH. Does it exist?

The only ones I really know of are dracinabox (forgive me I can't remember exactly how they type it out) 8-ball clothing, grindstore clothing, attitude clothing, kates clothing, lip service and phaze clothing. There's also hot topic if you can be bothered to wait for things to arrive from the USA. Some of those may be a little too on the gothic side for you but they usually have links to related stores.

OH! I forgot, there's also rockyhorrors.co.uk, it's an alternative shop based in Sheffield but they also do online shopping

That's great! Will start looking grin

RubyRue791 Tue 06-Aug-13 21:19:04

Kates Clothing do some lovely clothes www.katesclothing.co.uk/

RhondaJean Tue 06-Aug-13 21:27:45

Grindstore and attitude are good.

You can also get some nice bits on amazon (grindstore sell through amazon as well as their own website and so do others)

Pulp clothing is good but probably more for band t shirts than dressy bits and pieces.

Also fourleaf clothing and sohos.co.uk.

NappyHappy Tue 06-Aug-13 21:39:41

There's Angel Clothing who are online and stock the above. I do like getting them from Amazon as they seem to do them in my sturdy size! What area do you live? There's Afflecks in Manchester, Leeds Corn Exchange.

I am coveting a few hellbunny dresses at the moment. L

I can recommend Sohos 100% I've had several Hell Bunny dresses from them smile

Thanks guys. Am in Bristol. So hard to find different clothing, everything looks the same grin

BigTravellingClown Tue 06-Aug-13 22:27:38

Tigermilly are good for Hellbunny etc type dresses. I use eBay a lot too, got an awesome brand new Death Kitty hoodie for £8 recently! And my beautiful Poizen Industries jacket that is making me wish for colder weather...

NomDeOrdinateur Tue 06-Aug-13 23:39:35

Is there still a shop called Shrieking Violets in Bristol, selling goth stuff? I sort-of remember it being within walking distance of the city centre, in a row of old-fashioned shop fronts. Possibly near RikAxxe, the guitar shop. It was definitely there 5 years ago, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it on subsequent visits.

MinionDave Wed 07-Aug-13 00:02:55

Check out Amazon, I've bought a few cardigans from Banned Clothing there, plus a rockabilly dress smile

Nom. I think it's in park street, am going to look tomorrow. Always seems such a mission to get into town ATM!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now