Where's good for shopping in Birmingham?

(7 Posts)
Hopasholic Tue 06-Aug-13 16:50:14

I've only been a couple of times and have spent time in the Bullring but never really been anywhere else. Is there an area with some good independent retailers/smaller shops?

Where's the main shopping area or are all the big retailers located in the Bullring?

Thanks in advance

Hopasholic Tue 06-Aug-13 19:17:00

Bullring it is then.......??????

Somethingyesterday Tue 06-Aug-13 19:25:17

Mailbox (think that's what it's called.) Slightly lacking in atmosphere but there's a cute Harvey Nichols, lots of other high end shops and BBC Birmingham. Also a rather welcome piazza area at the canal end. Different world to the Bullring.....

Hopasholic Tue 06-Aug-13 19:28:48

Thank you for that! Very helpful cheers. Last time I went I just nipped in to the bullring but I don't really like indoor shopping malls.

Somethingyesterday Tue 06-Aug-13 19:35:22

The Mailbox is very purpose built, but the shops are great. If you want something more outdoor then head to the area beyond the Icon Gallery. Its very chi-chi, lots of places to eat, quirky (gifty) shops, grass, fountains, bridges. I've heard good things about the Jewellery Quarter - but I've never been so can't comment.

Hopasholic Tue 06-Aug-13 22:02:40

Thanks something will get ogling directions and shop till I drop smile

Hopasholic Tue 06-Aug-13 22:03:56

Ogling???? That should be googling. Maybe I'll have an ogle too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now