Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish...you NEED this in your life

(109 Posts)
Pantone363 Tue 06-Aug-13 15:26:12

Have been battling hormonal, spotty, dry, oily patches skin for a year.

Starting dianette 4 months ago so no new 'active' spots, but a few crops of small pimples that never went anywhere, lots of dry patches and a really oily chin/nose.

Started Liz Earles stuff two weeks ago after I got collared by a shop girl on pay day hmm and it is AMAZING.

I used it and waited for the usual itching/dry/burning bits...nothing. It removed all my makeup (even MAC liquid liner which is a bitch to remove). I've had 3 compliments...my ex rather charmingly asked if I was "knocked up" hmm because I was all glowy...small crops of spots are GONE.

Buy it buy it buy it. I paid £15 ish for the big bottle and 2 muslin cloths. One pump is more than enough.

valiumredhead Fri 09-Aug-13 16:23:45

Are you using Liz Earle AND oil cleaning because both would be massive over load, you need to do one or the other.

valiumredhead Fri 09-Aug-13 16:22:58

Oil cleaning method was shit for me first time in my life I've ever had spots!

Accentuatethepositive Fri 09-Aug-13 14:43:47

Thanks jemima that's good to know! Will try it!

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 13:57:02

I have always used skin oil before bed and had no problems and so I thought oil cleansing would work for me.

Shitsinger Fri 09-Aug-13 13:53:45

NO!
It wrecked my skin.

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 13:02:01

Did you keep oil cleansing as well.

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 13:01:37

Thanks Shitsinger

Shitsinger Fri 09-Aug-13 12:56:44

Congratulations BTW !

Shitsinger Fri 09-Aug-13 12:55:37

Arisbottle
I got huge red painful lumps under the skin when using the OCM and LE .
It took months for my skin to clear up and I swapped to a gentle cream cleanser and a muslin - very gentle ,no massage just gently apply cream, leave a minute or so and use warm water/muslin to remove.
I discussed with my eyebrow lady and she had the same problem - some skin is very sensitive to massage and the result is over production of sebum ,which blocks the oil glands and produces the red lumps.
Pregnancy hormones can make this worse.
Go gentle !

valiumredhead Fri 09-Aug-13 12:53:49

Let me know if the derma flannel is like a micro fibre cloth, I'm tempted myself!grin

Nux Fri 09-Aug-13 12:41:49

squoosh and valiumredhead thank you so much! I'm going to try the derma flannel as I think it will help - definitely milia, I have managed to get the 'little white pearl of satisfaction' out a couple of times and nothing has scarred but the advice on the Caroline Hiron site is really helpful - I thought they were blocked pores of some sort so it's good to understand them better!

That as my first time posting on S&B, you lot are very helpful - I'm going to start asking more questions :-)

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 12:39:48

I really like the toner, but I do have quite a lot of it!

sophiedaal Fri 09-Aug-13 12:36:09

I used C&P religiously for years and it did work wonders on my skin but I agree with those who think the formula's changed - it's definitely more 'chemically' smelling and not quite as nice. I seem to be getting a lot more offers from Liz Earle directly now, which never used to happen in the past: are they losing a lot of old customers since the takeover? The price hikes have been noticeable - I'd rather have fewer bundled offers and lower prices overall admit it, Liz, no one really needs that toner in the cleansing set

Hot cloth cleansing is a great thing, though; I use normal flannels, with Emma Hardie Balm. Super glowy skin!

JemimaPuddle Fri 09-Aug-13 12:24:30

Accentuate I've used both the superdrug ones over my eyes, they've removed heavy eye makeup & caused no problems.

Accentuatethepositive Fri 09-Aug-13 12:18:34

I love LE cleanser. I'd be up for trying cheaper versions but what puts me off is they all seem to say to avoid direct contact with eyes, which I interpret as 'don't use this to take eye make up off'. What I love about LE is I don't have to faff about with separate eye makeup remover.

So those of you who use super drug version or others, do you use it on your eyes or not?

Btw to pp suffering with milia, I used to get these all the time round my eyes when I used eye make up remover. I had them removed by a beautician then switched to LE and haven't had a recurrence.

squoosh Fri 09-Aug-13 12:18:20

Hmmm, well the first thing I'd do is start eliminating products to see if they are the culprit. Make give the Liz Earle a break (my skin breaks out when I use it) and try something very mild instead.

It may be that the water is too hot or you're being too rough.

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 12:12:39

I don't really scrub but I am quite heavy handed, I could try using it once a day as well.

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 12:11:50
JustBecauseICan Fri 09-Aug-13 12:10:06

Aris, can't see a pic but when I first started using LE I came out in a terrible rash, to the point where I asked Liz herself in a MN webchat what she had done to my face!

She said it was perhaps too strong a formula to use twice a day, and to hold the cloth rather than scrub which is what I had been doing, since then I have had no problems.
A friend of mine did develop rosacea when pg though.

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 12:03:02

I have photographed my rather ugly nose with a question, it is in style and beauty. I think it may be the dreaded rosacea and because I am pregnant I can't even commiserate with gin. Please could you check. Do you think Liz Earle is at fault?

Trills Fri 09-Aug-13 11:52:32

I think it smells lovely. I got some as a present - the friend who gave it to me slightly tied herself in knots explaining that she wasn't suggesting that my skin needed it or anything... smile

Arisbottle Fri 09-Aug-13 11:44:03

Please do try and feed back just because

squoosh Fri 09-Aug-13 11:37:00

I've bought that a few times JustBecause, I really like it even though they tweaked the formula slightly. It's a lovely balm to oil cleanser which my skin adores.

JustBecauseICan Fri 09-Aug-13 11:31:08

Slight hijack but on the topic of hot cloth cleansers...has anyone tried the Boots Botanics hot cloth cleansing balm? Looked v nice (I had some time to kill this morning so wandered round picking pots up) Claims to be 90% organic main ingredients sweet almond, shea butter, rosehip and in nice dippy pot. Also 1/3 off at the mo'.

Would you like me to go and try it for us all? grin

valiumredhead Fri 09-Aug-13 08:37:38

Oh and that link says you have to do it professionally, ime I am far more gentle than anyone else as I can stop the second I press too hard. Been doing it for years and have no scarring and I have the most sensitive skin EVERgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now