Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish...you NEED this in your life

(109 Posts)
Pantone363 Tue 06-Aug-13 15:26:12

Have been battling hormonal, spotty, dry, oily patches skin for a year.

Starting dianette 4 months ago so no new 'active' spots, but a few crops of small pimples that never went anywhere, lots of dry patches and a really oily chin/nose.

Started Liz Earles stuff two weeks ago after I got collared by a shop girl on pay day hmm and it is AMAZING.

I used it and waited for the usual itching/dry/burning bits...nothing. It removed all my makeup (even MAC liquid liner which is a bitch to remove). I've had 3 compliments...my ex rather charmingly asked if I was "knocked up" hmm because I was all glowy...small crops of spots are GONE.

Buy it buy it buy it. I paid £15 ish for the big bottle and 2 muslin cloths. One pump is more than enough.

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 06-Aug-13 22:55:49

I used to be devoted to it to, but prices have gone up massively and I don't think it's as good as it used to be.

Not found a good replacement yet though. Tried Soap and Glory but it was stingy.

GW297 Tue 06-Aug-13 23:02:53

I love all Liz Earle products! Glad you're skim has improved.

GW297 Tue 06-Aug-13 23:03:04

Skin even!

GW297 Tue 06-Aug-13 23:03:28

Your skin - not you're skin. Sorry!

valiumredhead Wed 07-Aug-13 00:27:26

I use out when my skin if red and sensitive, its not as good as it was before they changed the formula but its still good. It's massively overt priced imo. I use the eyebright eye treatment to remove eye up and then cleanser and polish.

When my skin it's behaving the aloe cleanser from the body shop is fantastic.

Soap&Glory skin stuff I found really rubbish for me, think it is far too harsh.

Callmedreckly Wed 07-Aug-13 00:38:10

I read on here once about a muslin that made you look like you'd had a chemical peel, (in a good way grin) was about £12. I want that!

Cant remember who sold it though?

valiumredhead Wed 07-Aug-13 00:41:07

That's a derma flannel!

Callmedreckly Wed 07-Aug-13 00:45:51

Oh blush thank you, will have a look for one.

MadBusLady Wed 07-Aug-13 07:26:24

I think it was then established by people in the thread clinical trials that e-cloths from the cleaning aisle were just as good smile I didn't see an improvement from my muslin cloths really.

knitknack Wed 07-Aug-13 07:34:23

It's got camphor oil in it which is why it irritates so many peoples' skin. Honestly though, ANY cream cleanser will work wonders as a 'hot cloth' cleanser (I always think my granny, who always washed her face with a flannel would be overawed at the marketing genius of that one!). You get the benefits of a really good clean, the softness of the cream cleanser and the exfoliation of the flannel.

If cash is tight just buy ANY cream cleanser and a flannel!! You'll get great results.

teatimesthree Wed 07-Aug-13 07:46:05

I like the Boots Organics version (recommended on here).
www.boots.com/en/Botanics-97-Organic-Hot-Cloth-Cleansing-Balm-70ml_1262019/

Lasts for ages and I find it better than LE.

Missbopeep Wed 07-Aug-13 08:09:28

To prove it's the LE that works you'd need to do one half of your face with that and the other with any old creamy cleanser.

Personally I don't rate any of her products- I sold the miracle eye serum on Ebay, and I really dislike the smell of all the shower stuff and body lotions, and am not convinced they are the wonder products they are made out to be, just because they have 'herbs and oil' in them- which can in fact be highly irritating to some skins.

JustBecauseICan Wed 07-Aug-13 10:13:53

I love C and P....including the smell...it's one of my beauty must have repeat buys......

I do accept I like the posh packaging and the perfume though...so may give the Superdrug ones a bash. Is the Vitamin E one the same as the Radiance one?

JustBecauseICan Wed 07-Aug-13 10:14:46

(I loved the Superskin oily serum thingy as well, but again, accept it's more the smell I loved and my £4.99 rosehip oil from amazon does exactly the same!)

TeddyPickleStick Wed 07-Aug-13 12:17:11

Yes, I like this. It cleans well and shifts a lot of my eye make up.

I have, however, found a product I like just as much.... Trilogy. Check it out. Does the same job but the consistency is not as thick. I've been alternating the two with good results.

Awww OP, it is great when you find something that is brilliant for you and you just want to evangelise smile

LE was nothing special for me, possibly because I've been using hot cloths (flannels, though, not muslins) for years. I always use Ultrabland from Lush, cheaper and does a better job. If I run out I just use any old oil and that still works, so have to agree that it is probably the method rather than the product.

YasAz Wed 07-Aug-13 14:53:09

I completely agree – I’ve been using this for years and it’s completely cleared my skin. I’ve now moved onto a cheaper Botanics version but I do credit Liz Earl with clearing up my skin.

Armadale Wed 07-Aug-13 16:44:32

Just because:
\no the radiance one and the vitamin e one are 2 different hot cloth products that superdrug do.

TigerseyeMum Wed 07-Aug-13 18:02:54

Dermalogica Dermal Clay cleanser cleaned off with a muslin cloth is the shizzle for skin problems.

Expensive but lasts for months or years depending on how you use it.

People keep asking me if I've had something done...

JustBecauseICan Wed 07-Aug-13 18:30:40

Thankyou! Will go and browse (and sniff) tomorrow!

BustyDeLaGhetto Wed 07-Aug-13 18:48:12

I do HCC with Waitrose Bottom Butrer and it is MARVELLOUS....not to mention cheap.

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 07-Aug-13 18:50:47

In terms of how my skin looks...it has not improved my skin at all. In fact i have to do it lukewarm now..i was getting broken veins..but as a cleanser, for me superb..the best..inc waterproof makeup removal

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 07-Aug-13 18:51:07

and I like that it's not greasy

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 07-Aug-13 18:51:58

btw i dont like any of her other stuff. tried most of it. stung or too greasy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now