Beauty products - expensive but worth it

(31 Posts)
foolssilver Mon 05-Aug-13 20:45:26

I was inspired by the cheap as chips but beauty gold thread to start an opposite one. I mostly buy cheaper items but I have a few things I splurge on.

So what are your expensive but so worth it beauty buys.

Mine are:

Origins - Drink up intensive overnight mask. I have really dry skin and this is worth the £20 odd I spend on it every few months.

L'anza Healing Strength Shampoo and Conditioner - an eyewatering £25 a bottle but has transformed my previously frazzled, bleached, hair extension ruined hair.

Armani luminious silk foundation - best foundation I've found for me.

Keztrel Tue 06-Aug-13 14:40:58

Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream

Until a few weeks ago I would have said Elemis Tri-Enzyme Peel but then I got a Dermaflannel which works just as well and is going to work out far cheaper in the long run!

I prefer expensive lipstick to cheaper brands as I always end up hating the smell/finish of Revlon, Rimmel etc.

I'll pay the earth for a foundation in the right colour with the right finish. Never found a cheap one that's any good, because they don't go pale enough. I luuuurve Chantecaille Future Skin (££££££ OMG)

Mac eyeliner, powder and blusher.

Mac or Bobbi Brown make up brushes.

OPI/Essie/Nails Inc nail polish.

Cheap face wash, hair products and body lotion are all fine for me.

GreenSkittles Tue 06-Aug-13 14:45:43

Lancome Genefique/Visionnaire serums, plus Lancome masaras, especially Defencils.

Aplha H Liquid Gold

Kiehls Mdinight Recovery serum

alltoomuchrightnow Tue 06-Aug-13 15:16:12

having greasy hair, i can't do without Lush shampoos.. Big and I love Juicy and Rehab. I try other high street ones for greasy hair and they don't come close to these..

alltoomuchrightnow Tue 06-Aug-13 15:17:56

apart from Lush moisturiser when can afford, it's cheap and simple stuff for me now as i'm sensitive. since i've started doing aspirin mask once a week.,..no need any more for scrubs, anti agers etc..it takes years off me!

FoxyHarlow123 Wed 07-Aug-13 13:10:54

I've had the guerlain orchidee cream. No better or worse than anything else. Ive honestly never used any cream that's ever done anything, other than doctor prescribed bleaches. Save yr money and spend it on Botox instead! Expensive perfumes though - now they ARE worth spending your money on, IMHO of course!

JustBecauseICan Wed 07-Aug-13 13:13:41

I agree about perfume by and large.

Cheap scent smells like cheap scent.

(that said Byblos Cielo which sells for about 20 euro on ebay.it is a deadringer for Thierry Mugler Angel I have to say)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now