which colour Mulberry Messenger bag?

(26 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 04-Aug-13 21:25:05

I've finally decided after about 12 years of to-ing and fro-ing.
I'm going to get one. But which colour? Tan or chocolate?

Amiee Sun 04-Aug-13 21:29:50

Tan.
But you know it's a massive waste of money and people will look at you and know how much money you spent on a hand bag.
extremely extremely jealous

mckenzie Sun 04-Aug-13 21:34:59

I know Amiee. That's why it's taken me soooo long to finally decide to do it. But I saw my friend's bag again today, it's 4 years old and still looks fab!

TSSDNCOP Sun 04-Aug-13 21:35:19

I have a tan one! I love it, but on balance I think the chocolate one would go with more of my stuff.

InMyShreddies Sun 04-Aug-13 21:45:09

I think tan if you have blonde hair and chocolate if you have brown hair.

mckenzie Tue 06-Aug-13 17:55:22

oh dear. I thought I'd decided on tan and now the hair has to come into it. smile I have mid to light brown hair that goes golden in the sun so if i was buying the bag right not it would be tan but in the winter my hair is much darker so I'd need chocolate. "Buy both" the devil inside me is saying but I really can't.
I actually went to John Lewis yesterday to have the lovely experience of buying the tan one and they only had the display model so i came away empty handed. I'd normally just buy online but for some reason, I want to experience the purchase. Daft huh?

bishboschone Tue 06-Aug-13 18:01:32

Tan

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Tue 06-Aug-13 18:09:07

Tan - I bought the chocolate bayswater and don't use it as much as I might because it doesn't look great with all my black jackets. If I'd bought an oak one I could have worn it with anything.

EarlyIntheMorning Tue 06-Aug-13 18:33:10

Whichever you get, buy it from John Lewis and not Mulberry. They'll deal with damage quicker and more effectively.

Allthingspretty Tue 06-Aug-13 18:56:16

OP. ring one of the outlets to see if they have any and what colours.They post out and you may save some money.

Tan - I love my tan one.

SilverLining Tue 06-Aug-13 18:59:10

Tan is lovely but make sure you spray it! I've ruined a couple of tan bags by using them with dark jeans on! Denim really stains....

HormonalHousewife Tue 06-Aug-13 19:03:32

Oak (is that tan? ) but I am a brunette so are you all saying I should have a chocolate one too ?

Really nosy question but how much are they these days ?

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Tue 06-Aug-13 20:24:19

Oak is tan, yes. I have a slate grey one I picked up at Shepton Mallet for under £200 a few years ago. They normally seem to have a fair few in there. The factory shops offer a student discount if that applies.

Chipstick10 Tue 06-Aug-13 20:32:40

I have a large chocolate Anthony mulberry. I have given it to my son, it's too cumbersome. However as far as the colour is concerned i would buy oak. I have a few mulberrys and they are all oak, it goes with everything.

cloudskitchen Tue 06-Aug-13 20:54:58

I have the brown one and I love it (Brown hair to but didn't factor in the decision on colour)

cloudskitchen Tue 06-Aug-13 20:58:35

sorry, should say chocolate brown one grin

buttercrumble Tue 06-Aug-13 22:01:55

Tan or chocolate , both are beautiful

TeddyPickleStick Wed 07-Aug-13 12:21:13

I have the large one in black and the smaller one in oak. I would give chocolate a swerve personally. Bought both from John Lewis.

I just treated myself to the tan one, my sister works at JL so was not quite as a big a purchase as staff discount was v v helpful (and she did pay some towards it as a birthday present). I love it. It goes with everything. I so glad that nappy bag days are long gone now, although I am fearful for my bag collection as this is so practical that I'm now worried I won't use my other beautiful bags anymore.

Keztrel Wed 07-Aug-13 12:30:12

Tan - goes with everything. Chocolate and black together annoys me (on me) so I hardly ever use my dark brown bags!

mckenzie Wed 07-Aug-13 13:30:06

tan/oak from John Lewis it is then. Unfortunately, I'm much too old for student discount grin

mckenzie Fri 09-Aug-13 16:26:24

It's arrived smile

libertychick Fri 09-Aug-13 16:57:54

Yipee, do you love it? smile

mckenzie Fri 09-Aug-13 18:39:19

yes. just worried now where to keep it as my other bags just get shoved into a small cupboard in the kitchen when not in use and the current one just lives in the corner of the kitchen on the floor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now