Yet another bra thread.......

(102 Posts)

So I went to the dreaded M & S a couple of months ago and they fitted me in a 34dd.

I have the back fastened on the tightest hook and I can pull it really far away and my straps are done up as tight as possible. I also have awful shoulder and neck pain.

So what do I need to do? I don't have a Freya or Bravissimo locally and I'm not sure that I trust the high streets stores anymore.

CelticPromise Mon 12-Aug-13 22:31:31

Freya are a good brand. Once you know your size you can pick them up on sale from Debenhams or Brastop.

tedmundo Mon 12-Aug-13 21:36:22

Couldn't get to JL over the weekend so just tried to order a few bras to local M&S thinking I would try them at home and take back the rejects....

Well, they have NO 28E's online. Everything I liked started at a 32.

I have found some in my size for a brand called Freya. Have ordered 2 to try. Is this a good make? I am so keen to get going on the new boob dressing that this set back has really got my goat!

babyicebean Sat 10-Aug-13 18:00:21

I bought a Curley Kate in a 38GG as suggested size wise, only problem now is I can't see my feet as my boobs now are front and centre instead of slouching around like a stroppy teen. Husband is impressed and has said he will buy me more when he gets paid grin

Although their instructions say that, the bras won't actually fit if you add 4...

BeingMoreDog Sat 10-Aug-13 16:09:38

Gosh, tesco are pretty rubbish at bras, aren't they? Tried to get a cheapy as am still BFing and just wanted a pretty underwired one for occasional use.

I measure a 30E. The smallest chest size they do is 32. I tried a couple of 32DDs - one actually fitted well, but the other one's band was several cm shorter!

Then I read their fitting instructions, and they go for the 'add 4' as well [hmmm].

SorrelForbes Sat 10-Aug-13 14:21:14

Trust me, page 3 models are usually more in the range of 26/28 HH and upwards. Katie Price is probably something like a 26JJ

farrowandbawl Sat 10-Aug-13 13:20:54

I know what you mean. 30FF here and I measured 4 times to make sure I was right.

It is all in proportion to the rest of your body though so it's not as though they'll look like missiles stuck to the front of your ribcage.

Chubfuddler Sat 10-Aug-13 13:14:26

Thank you I will try it. Sounds both tiny and huge, page 3 model size almost!

farrowandbawl Sat 10-Aug-13 13:11:39

It is a 30D

The 34c is too big because the band is way too big for you, meaning the cups are out as well.

Chubfuddler Sat 10-Aug-13 12:35:06

Ok please could someone do me? I'm so pear shaped I'm practically a triangle.

30 rib cage
34 dangly boobs

Is that a 30D? I'm currently in a 34c and its much too big.

Minimammoth Sat 10-Aug-13 12:00:50

Changed chafing bra for different model slightly different sizing, 34 band on next hooks. Ok so far. Bravissimo bra arrived today, the panache porcelaine, feels lovely and comfortable, straps not chaffing.
Thank you everyone.

SorrelForbes Sat 10-Aug-13 11:28:53

Yep, 28 E (and going by some of the ladies I know with smaller measurements than you, possibly even an F in some styles). Remember that an E cup on a 28 band bears no resemblance in size to an E cup on a 32 band! Excellent article here

tedmundo Sat 10-Aug-13 11:16:00

E? E? For these sad little bumps?!

Wow, well I will give it a go. Heading up to John Lewis this week to try to sort myself out. I will try a 28 E ..

Thank you for those swift replies.

farrowandbawl Sat 10-Aug-13 11:09:36

Agreed, 28 E

AuntPepita Sat 10-Aug-13 10:56:25

28e for starters!

tedmundo Sat 10-Aug-13 10:53:52

hi .. Can I ask for an intervention please??

3 DCs and finally I think this is how my boobs will be from now on. No more pregnancy and breast feeding for me!

So....

29" under the boob
35" across the boobs bent forward (tightening slightly over the nips as they stick out!)

I am wearing a 32 B as diagnosed by M&s. never feels great. Or looks great either .

Where am I heading ladies?

Minimammoth Fri 09-Aug-13 22:45:23

I have ventured into my small local bra emporium. The lady fitted me with a 32E in agreement with my suggestion, it fits great. It's a Fantasie T shirt bra but after wearing for an hour or so I am finding the armpit fit near the strap is really rubbing. Is there a solution for this or do I need. Different make.

Pontouf Fri 09-Aug-13 17:16:15

Ok I'll give it a go. Seems ridiculous though! Thank you smile

SorrelForbes Fri 09-Aug-13 14:55:11

Yep you can grin. Try a 38GG and even a 36H.

Pontouf Fri 09-Aug-13 14:38:40

Ok, I really need help! I am currently wearing a 40D. The middle bit doesn't sit flat against my chest and the back rides up. Also the bra straps constantly fall off my shoulders so I guessed I needed to measure myself using the bra guru guidlelines. I measure a 38ish round my rib cage and 48 round my boobs. This makes me a 38G/GGish????!!!!! Surely I cannot be that far out? Surely?!!!!

SorrelForbes Fri 09-Aug-13 13:53:59

You're welcome. TBH for £1 each I'd wear them, especially if the fit is only slightly off!

WheresMyCow Fri 09-Aug-13 13:51:55

I guess that's what you get for buying bra's for £1 off the market!! I did actually have a look to see if they had both of the ones that I bought in the other sizes so that I could compare, but they didn't. Still I haven't wasted much and they fit much better than my old 34FF's until I can to somewhere decent like Bravissimo to try some on.

Thanks for all your help

SorrelForbes Fri 09-Aug-13 13:12:17

The Constance is a lovely bra but definitely a full cup and therefore probably not great if your boobs have more fullness on the bottom. It may be that the 30FF would be fine though and likewise for the 30F in the Bouquet. It really is trial and error for every single bra. None will fit exactly the same for your shape, even in the same brand.

It's always best the try the same size in the same bra toget a proper comparison.

WheresMyCow Fri 09-Aug-13 11:43:19

The 30F is this one Lepel Constance and I think the 30FF is this one Lepel Bouquet

SorrelForbes Fri 09-Aug-13 11:35:06

Ok, the one in the link certianlu fits more like a balconette so it would be good to know the style name. Try some half cup styles if you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now