Crepe Expectations

(1001 Posts)
Cremolafoam Sat 03-Aug-13 07:32:19

Will this do?smile

motherinferior Thu 22-Aug-13 21:35:28

Sweetie, yes, there is a nice ortho dept at Kings (I've used it). You should definitely be able to transfer. And/or there is a dental practice in West Dulwich which is a mix of private and NHS which DD1 was referred to for her braces (and we also use an NHS dentist which you can get to for regular checkups). Tell AB you are doing the write up and then just leave it. Or dash it off and put it in his in tray under a pile of stuff . He's only doing this to wind you up, so don't give him the satisfaction of seeing that it's bothering you. It was only when I actually left my last job - and I genuinely thought I'd be expected to go back to my desk after my farewell drinks - that I realised how little this stuff actually matters

motherinferior Thu 22-Aug-13 21:36:09

Cremo, glad it's actually happening!

bigTillyMint Thu 22-Aug-13 21:44:24

Cremo, great news! And that it's after the meet up!

MrsS, do MI's plan a) - tell him you are doing it then just leave.

Cremolafoam Thu 22-Aug-13 21:46:27

Praise be.
I am thinking of having a spectacular midlife crisis beforehand .

Blackduck Thu 22-Aug-13 22:13:58

Cremo fab news - pre op drinks then grin

Mums tests all good - waiting on consultant now.

MrsS - if it doesn't screw you I'd be so tempted to submit a 'the money's all gone' (a la labour) or something funny on the day AFTER you have gone...

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Aug-13 22:27:30

Remind me, Crem, what op?

MrsS - orthodontics is covered on the NHS if the problem is bad enough. I'm not sure how that decision is made, or how they deal with people half way through a treatment, but I think you need a dentist to refer you if you want to be covered on the NHS. Both my DDs have embarked on the orthodontic pathway; DD2 has dreadful tombstone teeth, mainly because her baby teeth came out very early and everything shifted about, so I'm hoping when brace-time arrives she'll be covered.

Fun and games here; the builder turned up this morning to put lintels in above a few of our windows, and managed to upset the wasp's nest under the wood cladding at the back of the house. He refused to do any further work until we dealt with it, so DM and I spent a happy half-hour this afternoon dressed in several layers of clothing and gardening gloves, dancing around the garden squirting chemicals in the general direction of the nest and running away screaming. No stings; in fact the wasps looked pretty bored by the whole thing, and it remains to be seen if we actually killed anything.

motherinferior Thu 22-Aug-13 22:31:15

It doesn't have to be that bad, CV - for regular braces, the train-track sort, that is. DD1's teeth really were not all that terrible at all.

Cremolafoam Thu 22-Aug-13 23:12:15

Hystericalectomy .
THE crepey procedure . confused

Cv crap about the wasps. Hopefully they'll go and be boring somewhere else.smile
BD that's great news on your dm.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 22-Aug-13 23:38:26

I once left a very rude poem for someone when I left a job. It was left so that everyone else in the office would find it first, and it went down very well with them.

DD1 has been assessed by the NHS as worthy of orthodontics (as has DD2), so hopefully that obstacle is over with. DD2 has one lower tooth that is out of alignment and has been deemed to need braces.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 22-Aug-13 23:52:50

DD1 has informed me that she hates her school and everyone in it, and that she will be taking herself off to London tomorrow to stay in the flat. hmm She did not make the football team and is in the second class for maths. It is for these reasons that she hates the school. Oh and she has no friends, doesn't want new ones, only the old ones. Last night she was on skype to us with three new friends all shrieking in the background with her. I do feel for her, she is not good at new situations. She has hated every new school she has been to for the first six months.

bigTillyMint Fri 23-Aug-13 06:55:23

Oh MrsS, poor DD1. And you. It must be really hard changing schools, but I guess she just has to persevere a bit. It sounds like she's making friends OK - it's a period of readjustment. Although I am impressed that they have enough decent footballers for her to not make the team, surely they can find a way of accommodating her and others who didn't make the team to get to join in somehow?

Can she get into the flat?!!

bigTillyMint Fri 23-Aug-13 06:56:45

BD glad to hear all good for your DM.
Bad luck, CV on the wasps - we had an empty one here which we found when we had our loft done - fascinating to see how it was made, but luckily no wasps!

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Aug-13 07:14:24

Wasps. I think you're supposed to do if at dusk CV - whdn they've all gone in.

Good news about op Crem.

I'm surviving on about 3-4 hours sleep a night atm <<yawn>> I drank a few large G&Ts last night which didn't help.

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Aug-13 07:16:11

Hopefully DD will feel better whdn you're closer MrsS.

Blackduck Fri 23-Aug-13 07:31:15

Ruby hope move goes okay!

Oh MrsS that must be hard...hopefully she'll settle soon.

Today's house joy is the boiler....after a year of inactivity things appear to be happening....

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Aug-13 07:53:18

Thanks. I'm surrounded by boxes
..... actually move is tbc <<eek>

Hope to have news later hmm

Blackduck Fri 23-Aug-13 07:55:14

I lived like that for 6 months... No wonder I went bats - hopefully yours is quicker! In the end moved the Tuesday after the August bank holiday!

bigTillyMint Fri 23-Aug-13 08:01:30

Good Luck ruby!

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Aug-13 08:03:24

That's our plan BD but will know more later.

By packed, I mean totally packed.
I'm off to the shop to buy toilet rolls and plastic cups!
That sort of packed grin

Blackduck Fri 23-Aug-13 08:52:19

smile
We'd off loaded the dog and ds on grandparents and dp and I ate a lot of takeaway and slept on a mattress on the floor smile

motherinferior Fri 23-Aug-13 09:34:13

MrsS, once we are back she can come to ours if necessary - our last day today. Am determinedly Enjoying Selfgrin

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 23-Aug-13 10:54:53

Thank you, MI. Enjoy your last day.

We are doing some pre-packing before the packers come on Tuesday, and I am putting my, DD1's and DD2's wardrobes into cases ready to go.

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Aug-13 12:49:08

Ruby - when you say move is TBC.....have you exchanged/completed etc?

I can report that there was very little wasp activity this morning, so fingers crossed we may have done the trick. I left the builder armed with a can of Raid just in case. grin

Any plans for the bank holiday, peoples?

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Aug-13 12:51:47

Bloody hell, I now have to look at a pop-up ad for wasp killer every time I log into my PC. angry For ages, it was Herbs's spotty M&S bikini bottoms greeting me each time.

herbaceous Fri 23-Aug-13 12:56:26

Sorry CV! And yes, ruby. Are you awaiting the transfer of large sums of money, or what? Sounds rather anxiety-provoking. As does Mrs S's, BD's and just about every other crepey's sitch at the moment.

I'm going to have a right lovely BH weekend. Having friends over tomorrow. We've got into a light-hearted cooking contest, each time trying to out-do each other on elaborate roasts. Tomorrow we're doing fancy bean-burgers, to compete on a different level!

Then on Sunday we're going for a birthday picnic with my oldest friends - a couple of whom I've known from university.

BH Monday? Fasting?

This thread is not accepting new messages.