What's your favourite Revlon Lip Butter shade?

(25 Posts)
mirai Fri 02-Aug-13 10:43:25

I have Peach Parfait, Candy Apple, and Creme Brûlée. Im dying to buy some more but can't decide which ones to get!!

PomBearArmy Fri 02-Aug-13 10:59:07

Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle are my favourite (I love Peach Parfait and Candy Apple too.)

WhoNickedMyName Fri 02-Aug-13 11:07:48

I have Pink Truffle for a natural daytime look and Tutti Frutti which is a lovely orange, but not as bright as it looks in the tube.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 02-Aug-13 11:36:53

Pink truffle.

Molinko Fri 02-Aug-13 11:39:59

Candy Apple, but I want to try more.....

mirai Fri 02-Aug-13 11:58:00

Ooh pink truffle looks like it'll have to go on the list!!

KosherBacon Fri 02-Aug-13 11:59:12

Berry Smoothie

newestbridearound Fri 02-Aug-13 13:15:49

Berry Smoothie and Lollipop are both lovely

evertonmint Fri 02-Aug-13 13:39:39

Tutti Frutti. As WhoNickedmyName says, it's nowhere near as orange on. It's a lovely bright coral sort of colour, and looks really pretty and summery.

I have Candy Apple and Creme Brulee as well but am definitely going to pick up a few more. My local Boots is small and only has around 8 of them but I think they have a bigger range now so need to get to a big Boots to try more.

It's the only lippie I like - not drying on my lips, but not sticky like a gloss.

AmandaHoldenmigroin Fri 02-Aug-13 13:45:03

I am curious about these as I am not normally a lipstick person. RE they good then?

AmandaHoldenmigroin Fri 02-Aug-13 13:45:30

sorry that was meant to be - are they good?

JamEyelid Fri 02-Aug-13 14:25:23

I very rarely wear lipstick and hate it usually but I really like Pink Truffle.

JennySense Fri 02-Aug-13 14:27:38

I wear berry smoothie

Sugar Plum

Missbopeep Fri 02-Aug-13 15:18:40

Whenever I've tested them ( on hand) they seem to smudge/go on unevenly and have hardly any colour at all.

Why?

newestbridearound Fri 02-Aug-13 17:14:11

Amanda I love them; I do sometimes wear lipsticks but find they can be quite drying for me so tend to stick to glosses which I usually prefer. These are great though- kind of like a cross between a lippy and a lip balm, really nice consistency and I find although you can build the colour up you can also use them more as a sheen if you want. If you want something with a really deep colour they might miss the mark but overall I think they're fab.

I like sweet tart and strawberry shortcake, I'm medium fair skin , platinum blonde and green eyes for reference .

I like juicy papaya for during the day - it really isn't as orange as it looks, and candy apple for a fab evening red. I think I have one called Macaron (or similar) but I find it a bit glittery. Not a glitter fan.

I love lip better - I don't suit solid colour lipstick, but these are perfect.

mirai Fri 02-Aug-13 18:00:43

Thanks for all the suggestions! I wish they did value packs, like 4 or 5 in a set!

coffeeinbed Fri 02-Aug-13 18:02:45

Pink Truffle - great nude
and a bright pink/fuschia one, which I forgot the name of.
I also love their chubby stick equivalent.

MrsBertMacklin Fri 02-Aug-13 18:17:29

Steer clear of Macaron, as mentioned above, quite glittery and frosted 1980s look about it.

My favourites are Tutti Frutti and Watermelon, which is a soft fuschia with some sheen.

coffeeinbed Fri 02-Aug-13 20:38:39

Mine is Sorbet, very pretty.

SnapesOnAPlane Fri 02-Aug-13 20:56:11

Are the others non-glittery then? I have a pink colour (sorry, not sure which shade!) full of it, which put me off buying any others.

coffeeinbed Fri 02-Aug-13 20:57:39

Mine are non glittery, both of them.

Mendi Fri 02-Aug-13 21:17:22

I like Candy Apple but the formulation is not long lasting - you have to reapply all the time.

I still like it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now