Nice orange perfume???

(31 Posts)
Repeatedlydoingthetwist Thu 01-Aug-13 17:39:40

Hello ladies,

I'm in the market for a nice orange based fragrance. I would like something fairly subtle (despite my user name I'm not actually an orange...!) and not too sweet, but also not too spicy, which I know makes me mega awkward.

I've got the Hugo Boss one but I find it's too synthetic and musky if that helps???!!

Any ideas?

TIA smile

MadCap Thu 01-Aug-13 17:44:06

There's a Hermes one that's orange and ambergris, and it think it is really lovely. its name is escaping me at the moment. I'll go off and Google to see if I can find it. smile

meditrina Thu 01-Aug-13 17:44:44

Ton Ford's Neroli Portofino?

Or perhaps just splash out on neroli essential oil?

valiumredhead Thu 01-Aug-13 17:49:06

There's a L'occitaine one that is orange based.

MadCap Thu 01-Aug-13 17:49:25

eau d marveille or something like that. Please excuse my spelling.

Slavetominidictator Thu 01-Aug-13 17:51:24

Clinique Happy is a fresh, orange perfume.

mignonette Thu 01-Aug-13 17:52:54

this Prada perfume and still available for £19,99 in Savers-Bargainous.
It won't make you smell like a Greengrocers or cheap fruity shower gel either.

I second migs prada recommendation, I have it and it's lovely.

calmingtea Thu 01-Aug-13 18:44:14

Lancôme Ô de l'Orangerie
Biotherm eau vitaminee

QuinnFabray Thu 01-Aug-13 19:01:59

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess fragrance. - “Inspired by the warmth of the Mediterranean, a citrus floral blend with notes of Bergamot and Orange Blossom”. It's really nice.

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Thu 01-Aug-13 19:06:26

Oooh lovely, lots to investigate here, thank you all smile

TerribleTantrums Thu 01-Aug-13 19:07:22

Roger et Gallet (which I had always thought of as cheap granny perfume) do a very nice Bois d'Orange. It's eau de cologne though, not perfume so doesn't last all that long. They also do a lovely Thé Vert which I have been wearing this summer.

Floralnomad Thu 01-Aug-13 19:08:06

There was an orange blossom one on QVC this afternoon .

KatieHalfPrice Thu 01-Aug-13 19:13:46

Jo Malone orange blossom is nice.

mignonette Thu 01-Aug-13 19:19:31

The O De Lancome range of perfumes are all lovely. I used to borrow my Mothers bottle back in the 80's and the new versions especially 'Azure' are really good for work-they are not too heavy. I like the Roger Et Gallet range too. They are high quality.

cheeseandpineapple Thu 01-Aug-13 19:24:32

Jo Malone, orange blossom is gorgeous. I thought the Prada orange based one was a limited release, have not seen it in shops this year, only spotted it once just over a year ago.

Now I know why I like Happy by Clinique, hadn't twigged its orange based.

I love orange blossom and citrus perfumes generally.

Guerlain do a mandarin and basil one which is lovely.

Iggity Thu 01-Aug-13 19:26:13

I have the hermes one, its called green orange or something similar. Don't waste your money on it. Once you spray it, you'll never smell it again. Avoid Jo Malone ones too, they never last.

Cindermummy Thu 01-Aug-13 19:32:05

I have a Hugo boss one and its orangey without being too fruity iyswim

riojabotherer Thu 01-Aug-13 19:39:15

Another vote for Neroli Portofino - lovely.

cheeseandpineapple Thu 01-Aug-13 19:58:35

Disagree with Iggity, Jo Malone fragrances last about the same time as colognes and eau de toilettes. Can smell them on my friends and I once got stopped on the tube by a guy half my age and asked which perfume I was wearing as he found it "captivating" it was Jo Malone Orange Blossom!

thecatfromjapan Thu 01-Aug-13 20:04:56

The Guerlain Aqua Allegoria fragrance which is orange-based. It's helpfully called something like "Orange".
You should definitely give that a go. It's a bright, citrussy orange.

Is it really orange you want? Can't be tempted towards other citrussy scents? if you are tempted ... and you are passing M and S ... have a look in the Beauty section and try the Roger and Gallet "Osmanthus" which is very fresh, bright, citrussy, and very pretty.

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Thu 01-Aug-13 20:26:26

I could be persuaded towards other citrus, what else is out there?

SundaySimmons Thu 01-Aug-13 21:09:30
SundaySimmons Thu 01-Aug-13 21:14:31
NellVarnish Thu 01-Aug-13 21:24:44

Another vote for Guerlain Mandarin and Basilic - I love it, really fresh and light. Pamplelune is lovely too, more grapefruity though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now