I have a , erm , fat person problem

(37 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 01-Aug-13 13:06:18

When it's hot and you gave skirts as and dresses on , how do you stop blush chafing ? I'm just back from holiday and the inside of my thighs are raw <blushdoesntcoveritmortifiedemoticon>

Snoot Thu 01-Aug-13 19:55:47

My pet theory, gleaned from observing strangers' gaits too acutely for good manners, is that some people's pelvises/ hips and whatnot are set very differently. Some women walk naturally more as you would in a pencil skirt, with a walk-spectrum going all the way up to women who really do stride like cowboys grin. I think slimmer ladies who suffer from chafing, curlew, I do so sympathise with your daughter, have a more ladylike walk, this cheers me up smile

Pompbear Thu 01-Aug-13 19:59:41

Deoderant does work really well, bit obviously only before you're sore. Mitcham is great, I use spray, and I carry a mini one around with me during the day just in case. Talc helps but wear off quick, is messy and not easy to reapply.
Its not a weight thing. Its just a leg shape thing!

curlew Thu 01-Aug-13 20:05:02

That's funny, snoot- dd wishes she had been around in the 50s- her style icon is Audrey Hepburn!

I use BodyGlide anti-chafe, and find it works very well.

Snoot Thu 01-Aug-13 21:16:46

Maybe it'll cheer her up curlew, it is a pain especially as people often try, with good intentions, to advise you as to how to diet and exercise. Re the style (I love Audrey Hepburn) I think skirt and petticoat quality is really important. I've got a couple of natural fibre skirts where the lining or underskirt is a nasty, sweaty man made material, these are terrible for chafing! It's worth cutting out the lining and wearing your own petticoat instead, obviously made from a breathable material, such as silk. In my experience it's all about cutting down on the external factors before remedying the chafing itself smile

MrsBeep Tue 06-Aug-13 09:39:46

I'm going to get me some of those bandalettes!

jimjamspam Tue 06-Aug-13 10:03:23

I had this when I was size 8 and 7.5 stone

Madlizzy Tue 06-Aug-13 23:41:15

lanacane is also rather good for under boob sweat and mothers' s apron sweatage blush

WeightyKaty Wed 07-Aug-13 11:35:03

I have ordered bandalettes too and can't wait to try them - will report back!

BeCool Wed 07-Aug-13 11:39:59

Lanacane anti-chaffing gel is excellent.

It's changed the way I dress - I can wear dresses all the time in the summer now. Yesterday I spent the day walking around Whipsnade Zoo - in a dress! NO CHAFFING! Previously unheard of.

It works.

BeCool Wed 07-Aug-13 11:42:48

The thought of adding textured lace to my thighs to AVOID chaffing (seems like a perfect chaffer itself) both confuses and horrifies me smile

auldspinster Wed 07-Aug-13 12:08:58

Poundland has lanacane in just now. Mitchum is fab for avoiding chub rub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now