Does this dress go with leggings?

(25 Posts)
StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 31-Jul-13 10:43:09

too formal for leggings, go for a pair of leg firming tights.

cafecito Wed 31-Jul-13 03:25:23

no dress goes with leggings

fake tan your legs if you hate them, or wear with tights

it's a lovely dress

MysteriousHamster Tue 30-Jul-13 23:21:25

It doesn't look like it would work with leggings in the pic, but maybe in person it would.

And you're the one wearing it, who wants to feel comfortable, so I say go for it.

FlatsInDagenham Tue 30-Jul-13 21:50:54

What happens when you sit down? Do you have to channel your inner Sharon Stone?

Er ... I wear leggings confused

MoreThanWords Tue 30-Jul-13 21:42:03

Only 3" of material below your crotch?! What happens when you sit down? Do you have to channel your inner Sharon Stone?wink

No, not leggings. Bare legs or tights.

It is something I would wear to work in the office

cerealqueen Tue 30-Jul-13 21:31:21

Jeggings might be ok? some Indigo ones? Or a blue legging (not navy) and pick up the blue in a scarf or accessory?

giraffesCantWearSuncream Tue 30-Jul-13 21:03:15

My laptop won't let me open it - says it is a known fraudulent page?!

ClaraBean Tue 30-Jul-13 21:01:36

I would wear it with leggings and DM's without a second thought. But then I would also put a manky old cardi over it so don't listen to me grin

FlatsInDagenham Tue 30-Jul-13 20:48:42

Justaweeone it is actually quite flattering on my post baby tummy.

justaweeone Tue 30-Jul-13 20:09:03

I nearly bought this to wear with sandals and bare legs but though it would highlight my fat stomach

xigris Tue 30-Jul-13 20:06:24

I'd wear it with leggings and I'm a fashion guru not grin

MollyBerry Tue 30-Jul-13 20:04:11

Not a leggings dress. Go for tights

cheerfulweather Tue 30-Jul-13 19:54:05

No.

ceeveebee Tue 30-Jul-13 19:52:18

No, I wouldn't wear that dress with leggings, it needs tights or nothing - as other posters say I think it's more office wear than casual

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Jul-13 19:51:02

I' d wear leggings with it. Not saying I.am right, but I would.

BuggedByJake Tue 30-Jul-13 19:50:15

It won't go with leggings or gladiator sandals, it's more office ir evening wear.

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 30-Jul-13 19:49:23

Hmm...no. It's just too formal-looking to be worn with leggings.

Tights would work, because tights + formal dresses are fine, but leggings are so casual it'll just look confused.

shaggyrogers Tue 30-Jul-13 19:48:55

Tights look completely different to leggings. They are thinner, no seams and they have feet.

TallulahBetty Tue 30-Jul-13 19:46:58

If opaque tights work, why don't black leggings? I always get confused when people say that. Surely the look is essentially the same confused

XiCi Tue 30-Jul-13 19:38:50

Sorry OP, I think youre friend and dh are right. Its just not the type of dress I would wear with leggings. Could you wear with opaques and flats if you wanted a dressed down day look?

shaggyrogers Tue 30-Jul-13 19:21:07

I agree with your friend and dh, but then I'm not a huge fan of dresses and leggings.

cocolepew Tue 30-Jul-13 19:16:34

Yes it does. They are wrong and me and you are right.

inneedofrain Tue 30-Jul-13 19:13:40

Ok, I think it would look good with opaque tights in the winter maybe with boots!

Tights and high heals for the evening,

Black tights anf court shoes for work

I think maybe something other than black leggins, it is very hard to match blacks in my experience. Would it go with another colour of leggins.

But if you are comfy, then go with it!

HTt

FlatsInDagenham Tue 30-Jul-13 19:04:45

I just bought this dress and now my friend and my DH are saying it doesn't go with the black leggings I teamed it with. They say I should go bare legged or wear it with tights.

I wanted it for day wear with leggings and gladiator sandals, not as office wear (I am a SAHM) or as evening wear (I don't go out very often!) Besides, I'm a size 14/16 with jiggly thighs so there's no way I'm going bare legged with this - the picture doesn't show how short the dress is at the front but believe me there is only a bout 3 inches of material below the level of my crotch at the front.

Basically, if I can't wear this with leggings I won't be wearing it at all.

Oh wise people of mumsnet - am I wrong or are they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now