Autumn/Winter wish list

(85 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 17:40:38

Yes, yes I know its July but all the winter stuff is going to be hitting the shops soon so what do you desire?

I want the following:

- a bright coat for winter - this is my current favourite massimo
- some distressed jeans
- a fur/shearling gilet - I want one of these every year and have never found one that doesn't make me look like a womble. But its my holy grail.
- some black ankle boots that I can wear with dresses for everyday. Something like the Rag & Bone harrow boots but a lot cheaper.

So anyone else?

LadyMilfordHaven Thu 01-Aug-13 20:18:49

i would too but I am so short waisted, that tucked in things can look a bit busty iykwim

I would love to wear the leopard skirt with a white shirt, as I absolutely love white shirts. However, they look beyond hideous on me so I never ever wear them. V pale skin plus norks = not good for white shirts.

YouAintNoLady Thu 01-Aug-13 10:55:23

Grey boots to replace the ones I have just thrown in the bin - bloody loved those boots, so am on the hunt for some more like them and will buy them early in the season for maximum choice if I see the ideal pair.

Other than that, am going to see which trends really take off, as some always fall by the wayside and just buy a couple of bits and pieces, as fortunately already have fur gilets, leather skirt and some of the other basics.

bunnymother Thu 01-Aug-13 08:18:02

The red MD coat is divine MrsCB. It's on my wishlist. And I also want
black leather shorts,
lined tweed wool shorts (to avoid itchiness of wool),
Slouchy knits that don't make me look extra porky (maybe its thick knitwear that's doing it?),
Navy ankle boots
Animal print wool or cashmere scarf
Tartan wool scarf
H&M cotton bib front shirt
Fake fur coat and fur gilet (not really expecting to find ones that work for me)

Thanks for the Pure Collection silk shirt tip - I will have a look. My torso is quite short so I'll skip past the Whistles one I did have my eye on, if its actually long.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 01-Aug-13 06:47:21

Like the leopard print skirt - nice with plain white shirt, but I have a thing for white shirts at the moment.

Amber - you can clearly see Hilary Alexander's influence in that blue skirt wink - am assuming she needs the money to get involved in per una.

Am going child-free shopping and a lunching today so will have a look round m&s as I find their website utterly shite.

She sounds lovely.

Yes, I think the skirt is fine for work - I always get v positive comments on it.

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:23:14

Liz McDonald. Ginger frizzy. Bit slaggy. In a polyester way

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:21:55

That's the one Remus. I think.

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:21:04

Lol at blue skirt. There's someone at work who would wear that. She also owns a butter yellow leather skirt

Ooh that's lovely, Amber. Would be fantastic with neon. smile

Was looking for LadyM's animal print skirt when I found this. Straight to the top of the wishlist.

Mine is rather like this one.

I don't know who Liz M is, but I think long pointy boots are deffo in danger of being in, 'Lady of the night' territory.

I wear an M&S leopard print pencil skirt to work a lot. Plain black t-shirt and black blazer or cropped military-esque jacket.

shaggyrogers Wed 31-Jul-13 22:05:22

LadyMilf - animal print pencil skirt could also be liz mcdonald surely?!!

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:01:51

Ponty = liz McDonald. No no no

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:01:30

Oi cb you fucker. Got that marks animal print pencil skirt. Sized WAY down with a good result. Think can do at work with plain black slouch v neck ?

aoife24 Wed 31-Jul-13 18:07:36

I want some lovely long, pointy boots.

lurkingaround Wed 31-Jul-13 16:45:01

I have been looking for a grey bag for about 2 years, not too dark in colour, so if anyone finds one......
I need well-fitting trousers. Happy to pay.
Would like a fitted dress with an a-line skirt. Harder to find than you would imagine.
Was checking out Zara. Like this pink short coat, this houndstooth one.
I really like this short one for Autumn.
Anyone like this?

Thanks Foxy. I'm thinking something a bit smarter than a t-shirt though, and probably with three quarter length sleeves.

foxysocks Wed 31-Jul-13 13:40:39

Do you want long or short sleeves Remus? I loooove the sports tops with diff coloured body and sleeves that have been popping up on blogs recently, the outnet had a cashmere jumper that was ££££ which i newrly bought but I found this top in the manuka sale for a tenner which is lovely with jeans, shorts or cargo trousers

manukalife.com/contrast-moon-top.html

The cotton is really soft and thick. Can highly recommend.

It's chucking it down here. I'm wearing jeans for the first time in ages.

In fact, some nice new tops to wear with jeans would be v useful. Any ideas?

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 31-Jul-13 08:31:06

Its raining here and did lots over the last few days. But I did hear on r4 earlier that the heatwave is going to be back. So plenty more time for shorts.

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 08:18:17

Oh wah. I'm still loving summer. Shorts. Flip flops. What's not to like?

CambridgeBlue Wed 31-Jul-13 08:15:27

LadyBigtoes - I need that elusive jumper too, let us know if you find it!

Not sure what else I am after but I know new boots will be top of the list and I am still umming and aahing over some brogues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now