Autumn/Winter wish list

(85 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 17:40:38

Yes, yes I know its July but all the winter stuff is going to be hitting the shops soon so what do you desire?

I want the following:

- a bright coat for winter - this is my current favourite massimo
- some distressed jeans
- a fur/shearling gilet - I want one of these every year and have never found one that doesn't make me look like a womble. But its my holy grail.
- some black ankle boots that I can wear with dresses for everyday. Something like the Rag & Bone harrow boots but a lot cheaper.

So anyone else?

I don't think Equipment would work for you tinies either - I wear an XS and I'm like a hippo next to blue!

Paintyourbox Tue 30-Jul-13 20:27:05

Hi everyone,

My wishlist consists of-

A wool coat, pref collarless and with large pockets. Ideally camel in colour.

A new Breton as my current one looks a little old.

Some sort of knit that I can wear with a pencil skirt or over skinny black trousers for work. Probably grey or black in colour.

Annianni Tue 30-Jul-13 20:30:36

Well... I wanted some ankle boots, and I've bought 3 pairs so far blush

2 pairs from All Saints (one grey leather and one suede pair) and one beautiful pair of Marant Jenny's in charcoal suede.

I wanted a couple of cashmere sweaters and I've recently got a lovely grey J Crew one, and am awaiting delivery of a neon pink one.

I would also like a nice coat, a purse and a watch.

CoTananat Tue 30-Jul-13 20:40:20

I'm looking for:

A pewter silk shirt, 40s style with no breast pockets.
Some orange silk halternecks with high backs in
A boat neck breton, in something drapey, like a silk/linen knit.
A better jersey blazer (I went for Hush - AWFUL cut)
Some really really nice chestnut brogues.

QueenCadbury Tue 30-Jul-13 20:42:42

Not sure as I keep changing my mind! I'm trying not to buy anything until October when I'm going shopping in London so I'm hoping I would have worked out exactly what I need then.

I definitely need an emerald cardigan, coloured handbag (fushia, magenta, cobalt or emerald), coloured leather belt (in same sorts of colours as bag) and a birthday outfit.

Possibilities include cords (grey possibly) and day dresses.

On my birthday wish list is a watch (either white or rose gold), possibly a rosé gold bracelet/bangle, emerald necklace ( I already have the stones, they just need reworking).

QueenCadbury Tue 30-Jul-13 20:43:24

Oh, and a grey bag too.

blue2711 Tue 30-Jul-13 20:47:15

Amber, there is nothing hippo like about you! But yes Equipment come up huge, I didn't even bother trying on.

Whistles is very inconsistent I think. Their dresses usually fit me well but trousers and blouses are no good at all, which is a shame.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 21:02:22

The Equipment slim cut shirts are good I find and the Brett style but their signature ones are very generous.

I love J crew cashmere and have had the neon pink one that's on nap on my wishlist for ages.

I want so much stuff. Stupid spending ban.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 21:09:53

Honestly Amber - you need to do your bit for the economy. We've all got to much in you know wink

Annianni Tue 30-Jul-13 21:13:29

Amber... you look nothing like a hippo!?!

Love that red coat MrsCB.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Tue 30-Jul-13 21:14:07

I'd like:
- a pencil skirt in a colour other than black - grey ideally
- some brown flat chunky ankle boots - a bit DMish or bikerish i think
- some silk blouses, so I can channel DSI Stella Gibson from The Fall.
- Boden blue animal print jumper
- a clutch in a bright clour
- a handbag. medium sized, needs a shoulder strap, not black or tan. I'll know it when I see it

I've just spent this month's wages on holiday clothes, though, so will have to wait.

I think the sizing everywhere has gone absolutely bonkers. I tried an American Vintage t-shirt on in a small the other day and you could have fit three of me inside it - a shame, as it was reduced to a tenner. I've also bought two pairs of size 10 trousers in the last couple of weeks, even though I'm probably the heaviest I've been for ages and am usually a 12. Whistles t-shirts and jumpers come up absolutely huge ime, and I tried their biker on the other day and even a ten was way too big.

MadAboutHotChoc Tue 30-Jul-13 21:18:23

Amber - found a lovely grey snake print shirt in TK maxx, can';t find it on their website though.

I want the following:

A couple of crew neck jumpers (real wool/merino) in winter colours that isn't black or grey (will probably get these from Uniqlo)
A scarlet cardigan (ditto)
A black moleskin or cord short skirt - hopefully the Gap will bring one out?
Tapered/slim fit black trousers (similar to Boden's skinny urban - sadly their fit wasn't right for me)

Suburban Tue 30-Jul-13 21:19:22

I want...
A yellow cashmere jumper
Chelsea boots, maybe the whistles ones
Suede over the knee boots
A bright maybe orange coat.

Actually I want a lot, this is just my urgent list.

I will not buy any more merino from Gap, I just can't be trusted not to shrink it!

Reiss often has nice silk blouses....

CharlotteBronteSaurus Tue 30-Jul-13 21:20:24

yy re crazy big sizing
I just bought some tops in Oasis in a size 10, and I'm a 12 on a good day. I had to send almost all of my Boden sale stuff back as it was too big (size 12s). I'm 11st!.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 21:23:47

Suburban - I love otk boots but they don't love me sadly.

I am determined to do more colour this winter - too much grey and navy, much as I love it, just gets a bit depressing.

InMyShreddies Tue 30-Jul-13 21:25:06

Gap slim crops in black
Distressed or dark (or both) jeans from Diesel or more likely River Island
A silver bangle
A long silver chain possibly this one bugger it's sold out
A floaty silk or silk-y blouse - I saw this one in Next today and LOVE it - 100% softest polyester which will wash like a dream - I am a bit of a fabrics weirdo

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 21:25:16

I think its shoulders and arms that are enormously sized in particular. Does mean you need to try about 3 sizes on everytime as so variable which is tedious.

InMyShreddies Tue 30-Jul-13 21:29:55

I love it though, the Next top was a size 6! Never in my life have I been a size 6! It's probably why I liked it so much.

Annianni Tue 30-Jul-13 21:30:32

Suburban, there's a gorgeous yellow cashmere jumper on J Crew's site in the sale section.
It's a slouchy boyfriend style.
Sorry but I can't link as I'm on my phone.

Suburban Tue 30-Jul-13 21:43:49

Thanks Annianni I will check it out.

Mrs CB I love them too, leather ones don't love my calves so I want something slouchy.

Whistles T shirts are ridiculous. I have size 6's that are too big.

scarlet76 Tue 30-Jul-13 21:44:11

Mulberry bayswater in oak (need to save)
Fine wool animal print scarf
grey fitted cashmere jumper
Little black dress (for parties)
Tweed pencil skirt
Fitted white shirt
Pointed heels

Passthecake30 Tue 30-Jul-13 21:48:01

I need a new casual coat and work coat - under bum length, I'm 6ft.

The casual coat needs a hood and needs to be waterproof for school runs...the work coat needs to be warm but not too warm as I travel on public transport....ideas ladies?

Also would like some dresses to wear with leggings but not wool (allergic) and some work tops...not floaty, jersey or boring shirts...doesn't leave much choice eh!

Plus new pjs, scarf, gym trainers.... Better start saving!

GeorginaWorsley Tue 30-Jul-13 22:21:56

I love Autumn clothes!
Would like
Chocolate coloured fur coat
some sort of puffa /quilted style coat with hood,in navy or grey.
Chocolate leather knee boots.
fine knit slouchy jumper in soft merino.
slim but not skinny navy wool trousers
something similar to Dorothy Perkins coated jeggings that I had last year and wore loads.

Mrs CB love the Oasis dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now