What goes with this dress? [wedding guest]

(18 Posts)
kittykitty Tue 30-Jul-13 15:50:17

I've just bought this dress for a summer wedding and for the life of me can't work out what I should now buy to go over it. It's for two weddings - one in Scotland and one in London. Both I'm expecting to be quite smart.

I'm presuming a cardi isn't posh enough but the one bolero I tried on made me look like something out of Dynasty. Any thoughts?

Episode Tue 30-Jul-13 15:51:14

Do you have to cover it?

would a pashmina work?

kittykitty Tue 30-Jul-13 15:55:21

Am thinking that the weather might not be as clement as it is now, so really trying to Be Prepared. I suppose a pashmina would work, but was also wondering about something more formal like a jacket. God knows really!

AnythingNotEverything Tue 30-Jul-13 16:02:12

I I stanly thought of a pashmina (pick out any of the lovely colours) and red shoes.

Pretty dress smile

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 30-Jul-13 16:10:04

Gorgeous dress - a lovely blue pashmina would be perfect.

inneedofrain Tue 30-Jul-13 16:10:16

Have you thought of one of these I wouldn´t be without mine Then you can style up or down as you would like?

kittykitty Tue 30-Jul-13 16:24:25

Thanks. Was so pleased when I found it in the sale. It's such a cheery colour isn't it?
Not too sure about the arm sleeves - but maybe a pashmina would work.
So would a linen jacket not be the thing at all then?

Might something like this work?
Or this?

kittykitty Tue 30-Jul-13 17:01:15

LOVE the Mango biker jacket. Think that might be a goer if it's too cold/rainy for a pashmina. Will have to go and try it on. Thanks!

smile I think pashminas are very hard to get right, tbh.

CeliaFate Tue 30-Jul-13 17:04:51

I'd go for a crop sleeved cashmere cardigan in a bright colour.

kittykitty Tue 30-Jul-13 17:10:09

God I'm so easy to sway. Maybe Boden's got one of those cashmere cardis (goes off to look). But I still want the biker jacket anyway!

Goooooooooooooooooooooood Tue 30-Jul-13 17:14:05

It is a beautiful dress. its really, really lovely.

I would also go for a cropped sleeve cashmere or pretend cashmere cardigan. I think you could choose anyone of a number of colours. I just think the dress suits a cardigan. If you do go for a jacket I would not choose one that is too structured.

Once you have a bag and nice shoes you will look very smart.

Please let us know what you choose grin

A cardigan will give it a very different look to a jacket. I think the biker would make it look quite quirky and modern, whilst a cardigan would make it look more traditional and 'garden party-ish.' Either should be fine.

Have you got shoes?

Goooooooooooooooooooooood Tue 30-Jul-13 17:25:40

I like the The Boden cropped cashmere cardigans I think they would go well and I bet you would get good use out of it.

kittykitty Wed 31-Jul-13 09:59:31

I to have shoes, but tbh they're navy block heeled sandals and now I'm thinking I might be better off picking out one of the colours in the dress. Need to see what's left in the summer sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now