Waterproof Mascara - any favourites?

(14 Posts)
cloudskitchen Sun 28-Jul-13 21:15:53

I have to wear waterproof mascara. In the winter just being outside makes my eyes water. In the summer the slightest breeze does and then theres swimming etc. I also wear contact lenses so one spec of dust and and they're off again. Very annoying. I currently wear a bourgeois waterproof one which I quite like but does anyone have any real favourites? I don't like the ones that are really plasticy and hard to remove. Anything even remotely greasy coats my lenses in a greasy film hmm Thanks in advance x

cloudskitchen Mon 29-Jul-13 07:34:06

bump

justaweeone Mon 29-Jul-13 08:35:04

Max Factor - False Lash Effect Waterproof does not budge!,

TallulahBetty Mon 29-Jul-13 09:37:22

Maybelline Great Lash (pink tube). Needs to be the ones with the black lids. Green lid ones aren't waterproof.

cloudskitchen Mon 29-Jul-13 21:55:08

Thank you both, I will give them a go x

ElBombero Mon 29-Jul-13 22:03:08

Try Blinc off amazon, it's truly amazing. Does not budge or smear full stop. I buy mine off amazon, look at the reviews x

dontyouwantmebaby Mon 29-Jul-13 22:49:26

max factor 2000 calorie waterproof - not greasy or too difficult to remove.

(btw am surprised you've found a good bourgeois one, the one I tried was really chemical, clinical smelling, took forever to get off! think it was called clubwear or something.)

watchingout Mon 29-Jul-13 22:56:07

Miners Voluptulash

cloudskitchen Tue 30-Jul-13 13:42:12

Thank you. I've just bought the maybeline one as a stop gap though the brush is a bit small. I have quite short straight eyelashes so like something that fills them out a bit.

I like the look of the blinc one. What sort of applicator does it have? also is it an American brand? going there later in year and wondering if I might get it there.

Re 2000 calorie one, I think ive used that but can't remember why I stopped grin

Giraffeski Tue 30-Jul-13 13:49:04

Boots no.7 do a version of Blinc, can't remember name but its in a gold tube. Also Clinique's Lash Power is same, ie tubing lashes instead of painting them.
I have used all three and I think I prefer the Boots no.7 version as it gives a better lash extension then the other two, but have never had a smear or a smudge with any of them. Swimming, labour, funerals, they're amazing.

cloudskitchen Tue 30-Jul-13 13:49:22

I've just ordered a sample of the blinc one for 3.50 from their website grin grin grin

cloudskitchen Tue 30-Jul-13 13:51:37

X posted with you giraffeski. I'll try out the sample then look at those alternatives. Glad you mentioned swimming because it seems to suggest water resistant rather than waterproof so thats good to know.

ElBombero Tue 30-Jul-13 21:19:19

Blind just has a normal applicator smile

ElBombero Tue 30-Jul-13 21:19:51

Haha *blinc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now