How much have you spent this summer on your wardrobe?

(80 Posts)
missbopeep Sun 28-Jul-13 11:20:02

I only ask because my spend has been quite small due to the late summer.

I have bought 1 dress, 1 pair summer chinos (Boden) 1 nice T shirt /top (Jigsaw) and I cardi (Jigsaw) total about £170.

Lizzylou Sun 28-Jul-13 11:25:25

Quite a bit this year, have lost weight and all my summer clothes were looking a bit tired to be honest.
Lots of sale bargains and a bikini that is 2 cup sizes smaller than my usual size due to diminished bust.

lurkingaround Sun 28-Jul-13 11:29:04

V little here too. Until I bought a dress for a wedding. Fairly broke my frugality budget and some more. But I can attempt to justify it by saying it is absolutely perfect for me and it's wow on me. At least I think it is

ClaimedByMe Sun 28-Jul-13 11:30:43

My summer wardrobe is just my winter wardrobe minus the jumper I live in Scotland so sometimes the jumper is worn in summer too

happyreindeer Sun 28-Jul-13 11:33:44

I live in Scotland too and you must admit it has been a glorious summer compared to normal.I have not spent much but have bought loads of lovely things in charity shops.

ClaimedByMe Sun 28-Jul-13 11:51:40

Actually for a change it has been glorious minus the flooding today

lupo Sun 28-Jul-13 11:58:14

have not spent anything much since 2010. I have a handful of lovely summer items that come out each year - the summer is not long enough and too unpredictable to buy new stuff every year. Prefer to spend on A/W.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sun 28-Jul-13 12:14:50

40 quid on some walking sandals from
Clarks sale and a tenner on a nude bra from M&S. I have a huge backlog of unworn clothes from four Summers That Never Was, so really haven't felt the need - could do with a couple of light weight work tops but they're all polyester apparently.

MarshaBrady Sun 28-Jul-13 12:19:16

Not that much, lots of bargains.

Probably about £100-£150ish. But most of that isn't particularly summery - jeans and tops and so on that I can wear year-round.

insancerre Sun 28-Jul-13 12:35:59

I haven't bought any clothes for summer

amigababy Sun 28-Jul-13 12:39:21

nil other than new trainers for jogging, not expensive. Need some new underwear, but that's not really seasonal!

Not much for home but quite a bit for work - trousers, a few tops, shoes.

About £50. Wouldn't have spent that, but my post baby weightloss has stalled, so I can't fit my old summer clothes sad.

mrspaddy Sun 28-Jul-13 12:52:05

One maxi maternity dress. One pair of linen trousers.. sandals.
Have been wearing my normal work clothes (mainly shirts)with brighter cardigans if needed.

Also bought a lovely occasion hat.. for no other reason than I love it! (No occasion yet .. grin.. but hopefully.

YoungBritishPissArtist Sun 28-Jul-13 12:57:34

Zero.

ringaringarosy Sun 28-Jul-13 12:57:57

i have spent about 200 ish but i am also 20 weeks pregnant so the last 2 or 3 weeks i would of bought maternity stuff anyway.Mostly dresses,a pair a of gold strappy flip flops,thats it i think.i definitley need a new summer bag.and some more dressesi bought most of it from ASOS but almost everything i bought from there has got tiny holes in already so not sure if its my washer or their quality,i have a dress from next which ive only had about 6 weeks or so which is that same so it could be my washer.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sun 28-Jul-13 13:00:47

Oh, and a pair of cropped GAP jeans - a whole £1 from the bargain basket of Save the Children

missbopeep Sun 28-Jul-13 13:02:03

Oh dear- thought I was being frugal and now looks as if most people have spent nothing!

MarshaBrady Sun 28-Jul-13 13:04:04

I think it has been the great weather. Easy to get away with shorts and ts.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sun 28-Jul-13 13:05:37

There have just been so many crap summers lately that most of us have a backlog of practically unworn stuff we're dying to wear MissBP.

QueenCadbury Sun 28-Jul-13 13:09:32

I've spent a fair amount...saltwater sandals (£50), shorts (£30), vest (£9), dress (£50 but needed for a christening), smart sandals (£25). I've also bought other bits and pieces which are multifunctional (tees, cardigans etc) which I will wear all year round.

chanie44 Sun 28-Jul-13 13:11:01

I haven't bought much as the last few summers haven't been very nice and ive either been heavily pregnant or just given birth. Am in desperate need of a good summer wardrobe.

I'm on the lookout for
Cotton maxi dress (not jersey material)
Shorts - nice ones on gap but they have sold out in my size
Knee length tea dress
Some wedge heels
Chinos

marriedinwhiteisback Sun 28-Jul-13 13:11:49

blue and white striped top
blue linen trousers
blue and white striped dress
pale blue very light weight dress
navy cardigan (lost it sad)
leather ballerinas

About £300 - I didn't think I'd bought anything at all until I thought about it and added it up.

BackforGood Sun 28-Jul-13 13:14:07

£2.99
I suspect you have a different idea of what's 'quite a small spend' from me grin I'd want a LOT more than 3 items if I were parting with £170 shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now