Black or brown ankle boots- tell me which!

(19 Posts)
missbopeep Sat 27-Jul-13 16:27:48

Okay- I'm going to order some boots. I already have 2 pairs of dark brown ankle boots, but completely different style to these.

john lewis

My staple wardrobe is dark blue jeans, black ponte trousers, or smartish slim trousers, and my short coats are dark charcoal wool,( looks almost black) dark grey herringbone, a dark grey parka ( if I keep my Boden order).

I am somehow favouring brown again ( handbags are brown) but on the other hand does black look better?

missbopeep Sat 27-Jul-13 16:29:08

The other pair I'm thinking about is a pair of classic Chelsea boots by Dune in black ( or tan??)

shaggyrogers Sat 27-Jul-13 17:12:39

I prefer the black but then I always prefer black boots to brown.

shaggyrogers Sat 27-Jul-13 17:13:03

Really like those boots btw!

missbopeep Sat 27-Jul-13 17:14:46

Thanks!

Iv'e just ordered 4 pairs- one each colour.

shaggyrogers Sat 27-Jul-13 17:16:03

Best way to decide wink!!

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 17:16:24

Black more wearable and you have 2 pairs of brown already. I tried to branch out from black and bought brown ankle boots 4 years ago... I've never worn them!

I have black boots v similar to those and I wear them with everything (must branch out a bit)

missbopeep Sat 27-Jul-13 17:37:40

I used to be a black person then thought I was bordering on mumsy- black ankle boots and jeans- but I suppose it's fine as long as the boots are fashionable and the jeans aren't bootleg.

My other brown ones are completely different- one pair is laced up the front and the other is a biker boot in nubuck- both are Clarks and were quite cheap with 20 % off at the time. I'm not wild over with of them TBH - wish I'd got black in the laced ones and a bigger size in the bikers. Doh!

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 17:45:46

I chucked out all 20 pairs of bootlegs few weeks ago. So hopefully I don't look mumsy. Clothes wise I probably own more red now, but footwear always black.

Good call buying in both colours.

missbopeep Sat 27-Jul-13 17:59:49

I won't be keeping both colours smile but will have a good try on at home with all outfits.
The beauty of John Lewis!

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 18:11:33

Good thinking. My favourite pair of boots were grey. A bit different but not too much.

lesleyberry Sat 27-Jul-13 20:03:23

I love black and brown boots though if you already have brown I would go for the black ones, totally up to u what you like best

deborah1989 Sat 27-Jul-13 21:09:28

The brown ones sound good, most of mine are brown too.

mysteryfairy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:13:08

I agree with your comment that black boots with blue jeans isn't great.

However I also think black ponte trousers with brown boots sounds wrong so I think I would go for the black and then be quite strict with myself as to what I wore with what.

It seems a shame to be paying full price for new season boots now whilst there are a lot of sale bargains around though. Could you shop around a bit more and see if you can make your money go further e.g. this pair of Kurt Geiger black ankle boots on shoeaholics have a similar vibe though suede and only £30 (once you factor in 25% off) here so would possibly leave enough budget for a brown pair too

mysteryfairy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:14:47
Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 22:19:54

They look lovely, not in my size though angry

deborah1989 Sat 27-Jul-13 22:26:17

The grey boots do look lovely, would love a pair of them.

mysteryfairy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:28:34

I'm quite tempted too but fear 80mm heel might be too much for me for every day!

It's definitely worth going through the site with a filter of your size on though... There are some great bargains.

Rummikub Sat 27-Jul-13 22:45:05

I'm a clarks girl really. Looked on that site and there are some proper bargains on there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now