Best cheapo easy to use self tan

(24 Posts)
LifeofPo Thu 25-Jul-13 08:03:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SundaySimmons Thu 25-Jul-13 08:53:59

Having been a fan of expensive gradual and fake tans I have recently discovered Exposé Hints of Tan Body Lotion with Aloe Vera.

From the er pound shop no less!

I apply it with a tanning mitt and it is bloody marvellous!

I have a tan as I have been on holiday and this stuff has kept my colour topped up and has left no streaks, no horrible aroma and best of all no tell tale discolouration around ankles and on toes.

I plan to return and buy the remaining stock, I think it's that good!

SundaySimmons Thu 25-Jul-13 08:58:20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CWYKVYM

That is what it looks like but is only a pound in Poundworld!

SundaySimmons Thu 25-Jul-13 08:58:34
ILikeToClean Thu 25-Jul-13 09:00:25

St Moriz mousse is good, I get it from Amazon and it's less than a fiver. It was recommended on here.

LifeofPo Thu 25-Jul-13 09:19:11

ElizaDoMore Thu 25-Jul-13 14:39:17

I've just bought some of that Expose stuff. Thanks, SundaySimmons!

PlatinumStart Thu 25-Jul-13 15:24:47

Ambre Solaire aerosol tan. So easy to use and lovely colour

Twinklestein Thu 25-Jul-13 15:47:24

Garnier Bodysummer & Loreal Sublime Bronze summer glow are good cheap ones. Both tinted moisturisers.

Avoid St Moritz at all costs: if you have ever wondered why many people walk around with dark streaky tans, St Moritz is the reason.

My favourites, however, are Decleor & Guinot & I do think they're worth the extra money.

Pannacotta Thu 25-Jul-13 15:52:33
LifeofPo Thu 25-Jul-13 17:50:38

ILikeToClean Thu 25-Jul-13 19:20:46

I've never gone streaky with st Moriz, it'll be fine! grin

Cremolafoam Thu 25-Jul-13 19:26:05

The mitt is the key. Gloves aid streakiness !
Heshi is the business . Put on at night . Shower in morning . Pretty damn perfect.

FrameyMcFrame Thu 25-Jul-13 20:09:01

Agree re mitt.

I think you can use any old shite as long as you apply it with a mitt smile

PlatinumStart Fri 26-Jul-13 09:30:22

Mit? That is why I love the ambre solaire aerosol one. No preparation, certainly no exfoliating or Vaseline required beforehand. Takes two mins to apply, drys instantly and you can dress normally without streaks forming and finally don't have the ridicous faff of scribing palms but applying cream to backs if hands.

LifeofPo Fri 26-Jul-13 10:09:22

Dumpylump Fri 26-Jul-13 10:15:07

Where do you get the mitts then? I don't think I've ever seen them...but it may well be that they're staring me in the face in every shop and supermarket, but I've never registered their existence because I didn't know what they were [ grin]

FrameyMcFrame Fri 26-Jul-13 12:13:42

in my sainsburys they are hanging down from the end of the aisle where the sun cream is

VelvetSpoon Fri 26-Jul-13 12:51:44

You can get the mitts in pound shops/99p shops too, although I think I bought mine in superdrug.

Think the mitts may be the key as I'm a regular user of St Moritz and it's never been streaky (cheapest place to buy St M I've found is Wilkinsons, £3 a bottle, lasts ages!)

dirtyface Fri 26-Jul-13 12:57:46

IMO the best one if boots soltan medium/dark aerosol spray. its not the cheapest, but only about 7 quid and lasts a while

it gives a lovely natural colour and - here is the best thing - IT FADES EVENLY AND NATURALLY

in all my years of using fake tan, and trying loads of different ones from the cheapest to the dearest they have ALL gone patchy even though they all swear they fade evenly, bullshit do they

this is the only one i have ever used that does

NeedSomeSun142 Fri 26-Jul-13 13:01:17

I love st moriz, also palmers cocoa butter gradual tan is good

Dumpylump Sun 28-Jul-13 10:36:37

I am going into town today, and will hunt down one of these mitts, although I have been using the Dove gradual tan moisturiser for years and have always found it pretty streak free anyway. The dsds use that St Moritz stuff and are orange and streaky in equal amounts.....I will share the secret of the mitt with them, as judging from posts here, it's the application and not the product that's at fault! grin

DuttyWine Sun 28-Jul-13 10:45:02

Bodycare sells a great mitt, it's foam one side and a brushed suede type on the other side.
I use a fab tan called sun kissed from bodycare it's a mousse that dries fast and smells like coconut. I used to use st moriz but found it had a slight green tinge... The sun kissed one is a warmer tone.

This one also gradually gets darker too. It's about 4 quid I think and in a dark brown bottle.

Iwantmybed Sun 28-Jul-13 10:49:07

I like the ambre solaire spray. Not really cheap at £7 from bodycare. But so easy to use. I only use it on my face chest and arms once a week after a shower. It dries really quickly and looks natural.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now