Babyliss Big Hair - Worth it?

(46 Posts)
mrspaddy Wed 24-Jul-13 19:49:31

Hi, I have very fine (limp) hair to shoulder length.
I am really keen to get a Babyliss. Will it have more of an effect than using a large brush/dryer?

Also what products do you use with it? My hair tends to flop very quickly - even salon dried.

Thank you

Agnesmum Thu 25-Jul-13 17:20:14

It's brilliant, transformed my fine, limp hair.

RiffyWammal Thu 25-Jul-13 17:59:16

Like CerealMom I look like Crystal Tips (or as DH once observed Worzel Gummidge) if I dry my hair with a normal hairdryer. I love my BBH, and I'm not sure if this is a positive thing but I am on my third in about 3 years as the other two stopped spinning.

After washing my hair I wear an absorbent microfiber turban until it's about 70% dry, then I apply hair oil and heat protection spray and dry in sections with the BBH. I always get a great result - swishy and shiny. 'Like you've just stepped out of the sal-on' as the old shampoo ad used to say.

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Thu 25-Jul-13 18:14:16

Seriously, I just cannot emphasis enough how much I love mine. OP it's worth a try smile

NoGoatsToe Thu 25-Jul-13 18:39:30

The John Freida volume spray is good - I find it really thickens my hair and makes a big difference when using the BBH. Agree you need to section the hair.

MrsCocoa Thu 25-Jul-13 22:36:45

I quite like that look... smile

MrsCocoa Thu 25-Jul-13 22:38:14

Sorry - middle aged newsreader.

What do you mean, you can't use it in the States shock?!!!!

I was just going to take the plug adaptor. No?

SirChenjin Fri 26-Jul-13 09:35:09

Does a middle aged newsreader look like the rest of us who are middle aged, I wonder?

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Fri 26-Jul-13 14:27:16

Itchy US voltage is 110 to our 220. A lot of appliance work with a range of voltages (and will say 110-230 V9on the side) but not my BBH - if yours is newer, it may do. Check the raised lettering on the barrel.

I was so sad sad

zookeeper Fri 26-Jul-13 14:46:45

I love mine,; I have fine hair I need to wash every day otherwise it looks awful. I use it with any old thickener when my hair is nearly dry and it just bigs up my hair brilliantly.

the brush bit is looking worn out now and I,ll have to buy another soon...

valiumredhead Fri 26-Jul-13 14:47:11

If you are good with a round brush and a blow drier I think you would be very disappointed tbh.

Get one from Argos so you can take it back if it's no good.

It would take me a week to use mine as a blow driershock

Keztrel Fri 26-Jul-13 14:53:19

Newsreader hair is hair that's too perfect, too stiff, too much volume at the roots - over coiffed! Most of them have it, whether they're middle aged or not. The BBH gives me that look if I don't mess it up a bit after BBHing with texture spray or wax or something. As I have a bob and a heavy fringe the BBH can make me look a bit like I have lego hair or a wig...

ajandjjmum Fri 26-Jul-13 17:03:59

Anyone want mine?

celticclan Fri 26-Jul-13 19:11:09

Is it any good with a short bob?

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Sat 27-Jul-13 08:13:47

Celtic my bob is jaw length and I would say that's the perfect length.

celticclan Sat 27-Jul-13 08:28:45

Thanks. Is it easy to use? I am
about the most cack-handed person I know!

NonnaMai Sat 27-Jul-13 08:53:35

I thought it was useless. Didn't grip hair at all. I could do a much better job blow drying with a large round brush.
I sold mine on e bay.

However, the Babyliss pro curl is amazing and so easy to use. Very pricey but the amount I've used it on myself and DDs makes it well worth the money.

SirChenjin Sat 27-Jul-13 11:44:38

I find it very easy to use, but you do have to section off your hair. I have very thick hair which just sits on my shoulders - I'm not sure how it would be on fine hair.

Iwantmybed Sat 27-Jul-13 12:27:55

I love mine. I was worried because I already have thick hair I didnt want to make it bigger but its sleek and bouncy. Looks professional, finally spilled my secret to the girls at work and now they all want one.

Iwantmybed Sat 27-Jul-13 12:29:25

Ive always had unmanageable hair and for the first time I look like I have healthy styled hair. Its lasts for two days on my hair.

HongkongDreamer Thu 26-Dec-13 22:20:09

Anyone selling one by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now