MN Vogue - Vol 16

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 19-Jul-13 22:34:27

Following on from here
A place to talk Style and Beauty, everyone welcome as long as you bring links.........

Annianni Thu 25-Jul-13 19:56:37

I started the day with a perfectly straight big fat fringe Sleep, and lovely glossy locks...

But after an afternoon of ironing in this weather, I could happily audition as a 4th member of The Three Degrees [showing my age emoticon]

I think you're doing the right thing with the dress.
After seeing you looking wow in the red Acne, dresses have a hard act to follow grin

And although you don't have to look wow every day, I don't think that dress did you justice iykwim.

Hope your cat's ok QC.

Annianni Thu 25-Jul-13 19:59:30

Goldsign Jenny's are here and they are lovely (but a little snug) and the Marc by MJ bracelets are fab.
The plum is a lovely colour for Autumn.

I'd better get back on that bike grin

Annianni Thu 25-Jul-13 20:16:40

Forgot to say Sleep, that I'm thinking of trying that John Frieda 3 day straight stuff, or maybe a keratin treatment from Amazon.

LeFreakCestChic Thu 25-Jul-13 20:17:05

dry, did your floral asos skirt arrive? I sized up and turned the waist band over to hold my gut in a bit better and to tuck the t shirt under- quite pleased overall.

noviceoftheday Thu 25-Jul-13 21:05:21

Having a little nose round on Selfridges website while waiting for dd to sleep! Some dresses caught my eye:

kors studded stretch knit dress

maxmara knitted dress

helmut lang

Can't believe I looked at a/w already!

libertychick Thu 25-Jul-13 23:04:15

Ohhhh lovely dresses novice especially the Maxmara.

Sleep and anni this weather is a shocker for hair - my fringe is totally curled up and frizzy no matter what I do. I have being bringing gel spray to work to fix it throughout the day!

Your poor cat QueenC hope she is ok tomorrow.

libertychick Thu 25-Jul-13 23:15:16

I have being bringing I am incoherent blush in my defense I am doing the 5:2 diet and found fasting today v tough smile

I'm incoherent too liberty but due to pimms not fasting!!!
leFreak skirt not arrived yet, due Saturday, will report back.
grin

And....16 yrs married tomorrow and still rather like DH.....out for posh lunch....after perhaps over ambitious 7.30 am spinning class!!!!!grin

shopafrolic Thu 25-Jul-13 23:35:43

I've eaten my body weight in paella. Such a good evening with an old work colleague. She's been doing some work on a project involving Kate Moss and got to meet her envy

libertychick Thu 25-Jul-13 23:40:40

Congratulations Dry. I assume you have recovered from hurting your knee if you are spinning tomorrow.

Lucky friend Shop

Queen - poor cat sad - hope she's better soon. How on earth could you have offended me confused?

Liberty - was it your first day fasting?

Dry - congratulations!!

Just back from a fantastic night out with DH - I bloody love London - especially in the summer. We went to Camden market for the night market - live music, street food stalls and an outdoor cinema. So we shared some delicious food (paella, a smoked brisket and pork baguette and cones of homemade chips with rosemary salt - yum...sorry if you are reading this tonight Libertyblush!). Drank cocktails and snuggled under a blanket on beanbags watching Almost Famous, which was really good. Blissful. I went rock chick grungy with skirt, top, cuff, clutch and black pistols. Loved it, felt about 25 and therefore a bit of a fraud but I don't care!

libertychick Thu 25-Jul-13 23:51:24

Sounds like a fantastic night Sleep and your outfit is great. But you and Shop combined do have me craving paella now grin. It was my 4th fast, found it a doddle last week - I am PMS (again) though and I did Tues and Thursday this week instead of Mon and Thurs so I think maybe one day between fasts is not enough for me.

ooh - xpost Shop - did you get any gossip on KM? What did your friend think of her?

Liberty - go to bed! You can eat when you get up - paella for breakfast maybe?!

shopafrolic Fri 26-Jul-13 00:07:27

Sleep love the sound of your evening. The only KM goss was she wore a black tee and black leather jacket, grey skinnies and black boots with fringing. Her voice is ridiculously high and doesn't suit her looks (which she hates). And she does look old... She is wearing well, friend said face shows she's partied too hard and smoked and snorted too much. Oh the power of make up and retouching!
But apparently she was v nice, easy to talk to and knows how to work a room.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Jul-13 00:08:37

I've been eaten alive by midges in a Chiswick beer garden! 8 bites!

libertychick Fri 26-Jul-13 00:13:33

Ouch Shop
Good advise Sleep!!! I am off now...

Morning!grin
sleep what a fab outfit...and the mention of Camden Market has got me all nostalgic..sounds like a great evening.
shop bloody midges! Paella sounds good though.
liberty after a days rest knee seems fine....obv exaggerated my injury.....
I have never exercised this early in my life shock don't know what is happening to me!!!!!

QueenCadbury Fri 26-Jul-13 07:35:42

shop that's good to know about KM. I do lurve her but I'm glad her lifestyle's catching up with her looksgrin.

sleep that sounds like a lovely night. I never really did Camden as was a south of the river girl.

novice love the maxmara.

libert hope you feel better after some food. I'm not sure that I could ever fast. I've been sticking to 1200 calories/day (weekends go a bit awry) and I'm down to my goal weight!

shopafrolic Fri 26-Jul-13 09:04:41

I got a lie in! Amazing, that never happens. Now to prepare for the BBQ tomorrow......
Oh and I got told last night that I look even better in my 40s than I did in my 30s so flowers to you all again.

LinusDKD Fri 26-Jul-13 10:03:23

Morning!

I finally get the chance of a proper lie in and what happens? It's 4.30 and I'm wide awake.

But like that I do have a chance to catch up on the thread. Addicted? Moi? wink

I love that Helmut Lang dress Novice and the MaxMara one.

sleep your outfit sounds fabulous and envy you can pull off that skirt.

queenc your poor cat! I hope she's not in pain anymore today.

dry enjoy your anniversary lunch with DH today. Are the Gigis going to get an outing?

I love that skirt santa

Warning! Major boasting coming up.

We flew to NY First Class (the only upside to DH's frequent traveling is airmiles) and it was bliss. Especially as we didn't have to think about nappy changes, feeding the DC and trying to get a toddler to stay in his seatbelt.

We even got picked up by Porsche Cayenne when we got off the airplane from Brussels to be driven to another terminal for our flight to the US. How mad is that?

Right, what shops museums should I visit today?

libertychick Fri 26-Jul-13 10:11:50

Well done QueenC on getting to your goal weight. V early days trying fasting for me so will have to see how it goes - I have promised myself I will stick to it for 6 weeks. 1.5kgs down so far so that's a good incentive to keep going.

Today I am wearing black levis, black and white stripe T, red pure collection cardi and black ballet flats. I was thinking this morning that I have a wardrobe of clothes that more and more are all working well together and I haven't worn half the combinations I could. Time to move the focus to some bigger ticket items like a decent winter coat, and good accessories like bags, belts etc to help pull it all together. This thread is great for keeping me focused!

linus of course I'm wearing the Gigis,new blue printed maxi,tan belt,tan Mulberry, orange/red nails.......Have a great break, like the sound of your transport!
shop that's a great compliment...... bet you looked good in your 30s though
QueenC well done with your weight loss. liberty too.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Jul-13 11:08:56

This thread is not accepting new messages.