36/38ABC to 32G - thank you bra women!

(33 Posts)
anothernamechangerreally Fri 19-Jul-13 14:44:32

I can't believe it - the bra intervention really is amazing. I must say my boobs look amazing in my new bra!

If anyone hasn't done it, I urge you to get measuring according to the bra rules!! It's fab! I am evangelical about it!! grin

CelticPromise Fri 19-Jul-13 22:38:17

Peaz try 36G and GG and 34 GG and H. Most women do better in the smaller bands if they are in between. Have you scooped in your DD? I'd expect boobs everywhere!

Knotter Fri 19-Jul-13 22:42:49

Thanks SC, I hadn't realised how totally wrong my old bra size was.... You're right, much more fabric and wiring under armpits than before, so I guess it's all a case of getting used to it. It certainly feels much more supportive!

fengirl1 Fri 19-Jul-13 22:52:19

I'm a big fan of the bra threads too. I feel like I have boobs for the first time in a very long while.... Getting the back size right was a revelation in getting the cup size to actually be wide enough. -Sadly they are a bit matronly at my age but much better than before.

peaz Fri 19-Jul-13 23:37:36

Thanks CP. Blimey...GG! Where on earth will I find those?? It's hard enough finding DD.

I can't scoop in the excess boobage in my DD, so it's obviously all wrong!

Minx179 Fri 19-Jul-13 23:55:13

I went to get measures at Bravissimo after reading Bra Guru. The lady told me I was in the wrong sized bra's, but wouldn't tell me what size she thought I was until after I'd tried the bras on.

I went from a 40/42D to a 32FF, gobsmacked. Also went down a top size in clothes as my boobs are now in the right place.

Thanks.

CelticPromise Fri 19-Jul-13 23:55:24

Bravissimo, Debenhams and online. Brastop, mycurvesandme, and believe it or not Amazon. I'm a H/HH and there is actually choice in these sizes. not enough though!

CelticPromise Fri 19-Jul-13 23:56:19

Wow minx what a difference!

Minx179 Sat 20-Jul-13 02:33:57

It certainly is. Where I hated my boobs before, they now look good, even if I say so myself. It's been three months since I got measured and bought some nice bras, instead of horrible functional ones, but I still find myself looking down to check them out occasionally then denying it to DH when he catches me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now