plain black maxi skirt - what to wear with it?

(12 Posts)
SilverSixpence Sat 20-Jul-13 14:41:15

I wear mine with a neon tshirt from Gap and tan sandals at the moment

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 20-Jul-13 14:14:01

I love to wear a red and white striped top with mine, for some reason the colours just really work together.

Suddengeekgirl Sat 20-Jul-13 09:02:04

Where's your skirt from lurking?
I quite fancy one! smile

SofaCanary Fri 19-Jul-13 20:10:18

I quite like a camisole, worn kind of billowy tucked in.

It looks like a rag on the model, Zara get your act tongether, but it's a really flattering fit.

www.zara.com/uk/en/new-collection/woman/t-shirts/strappy-top-c269189p1295543.html

Yonihadtoask Fri 19-Jul-13 19:01:28

I have one but it is flared. I wear with a tight black vest - then it looks like a dress .

With a tight skirt I would do as others say - a blousy type t shirt - loose to contrast with the tight skirt.

Shoes - either flat sandals. or converse type pumps would work well.

Sonotkylie Fri 19-Jul-13 17:14:53

Late 80s and The Cure. Takes me back ... Must find my nostalgia trip CD now.
Think everyone has covered the top side of things.

lurkingfromhome Fri 19-Jul-13 12:56:37

Brilliant ideas, thanks all!

HotDAMNlifeisgood Fri 19-Jul-13 11:20:17

A top that is brightly coloured and patterned and that shows a little bit of skin! (arms or neckline)

What Anything said about wearing a top that is the opposite in terms of shape and colour.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 19-Jul-13 11:17:15

I think a loose top/tshirt and a bright bag would look lovely.

I bought my converse especially to go with my black maxi skirt!

lurkingfromhome Fri 19-Jul-13 11:03:20

It's straight, with a split up the side. Ooh, like the idea of wearing it with converse. And maybe a plain white top. Thanks!

Loving maxi skirts in this weather - nice to have a bit of a breeze wafting up your skirt grin

AnythingNotEverything Fri 19-Jul-13 10:37:51

Is it straight or flared?

I would wear a top which is the opposite shape, so a loose floaty top with a straight skirt, or a slim fit vest/tshirt with a flared/loose skirt.

Wear colour or white with it to brighten you up.

I have a black maternity one and wear it with a slim vest and a loose long cardi and white converse pumps. I love it!

lurkingfromhome Fri 19-Jul-13 10:30:21

I bought a totally plain black maxi skirt just to throw on in this hot weather as skinny jeans are too hot, I don't really suit maxi dresses and my legs are a bit white so I don't like exposing them!

I like maxi skirts as they're slightly dressy but comfy, but I'm wary of looking like an old goth in my black one as I remember wearing very long black skirts when I was at uni in the late 1980s and listening to The Cure grin

What to wear with it, please, to avoid the gothic look? I'm size 14 and a bit too large round the middle for my liking but fairly tall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now