Are there any sandals in existence that are comfortable when walking miles, AND nice at the same time?

(31 Posts)

I walk 8+miles a day most days and nothing I own is really standing up to it. I have some lovely leather sandals from Gap that are pretty comfy but starting to fall apart, I suppose because the amount of walking I do.

I don't really want Fit Flops though they are v comfy I just can't put aside how mumsy they are. When it's cooler I wear Superga but in this heat, no way.

Any ideas??

Also came on here to say my silver Birkenstocks!

Dilidali Sat 20-Jul-13 07:07:59

I own a pair of quite old Timberlands that are really comfy. Also a pair of Reefs, flip flops, but are amazingly comfy and quite light and cushioned sole. And a pair of patent Birkenstocks in a mad colour. These 3 would be my port of call next time I look for new shoes. I don't do fashion when it comes to my feet, they have to be comfortable, but my feet are very narrow and I look ridiculos if they are bulky or busy.

I have/had red or dead deena's. they are lovely and so comfortable. On their last legs, though, but worth scouring eBay for.

Thank for so many replies, I've looked at everything and think I might try the Merrell Henna that MistyB linked to.

Tethers those look beautiful but no stock. Really lovely though and I will bookmark the website smile

Debs75 Sat 20-Jul-13 20:39:07

I had some hush puppies sandals years ago, had completely forgotten about the,. They were beautifully comfortable. Must try and find some again

KosherBacon Sat 20-Jul-13 21:28:52

Another vote for teva here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now