So, I'm tweeting about bras with M&S. Who wants to tell me which stores have given incorrect measurements?

(382 Posts)
WeAreSix Thu 18-Jul-13 14:31:32

They have asked which store fitted incorrectly. Apparently they've invested a lot into their Bra fitting and would like to know which stores have incorrectly measured / fitted.

Shall we give them a list?!

Coconutty Wed 07-Aug-13 09:13:18

Milton Keynes, totally misguided me.

VeryDullNameChange Wed 07-Aug-13 08:53:47

Seconding (thirding, fourthing) John Lewis for a good basic fit.

This is a huge opportunity for M&S if they could take it - they do make bras in lots of common sizes that women would be intervened into. 30D through to 34GG must cover a big percentage of women and they'd move a lot of women like Dooin down from sizes like 44C, which they don't stock, into 38G which they do. All they have to do is up their game on the 26 and 28s ( most M&S customers aren't that slim but they want to hook the teenagers young and keep them for life), and broaden their 30 range so it goes to GG rather than D and they're laughing, because Sainsburys, Asda and New Look would never be able to shift their range fast enough. Admittedly "We're sorry we've been torturing your boobs all these years but we're going to do better now" will be a tough slogan to pull off.

tomatoplantproject Wed 07-Aug-13 07:47:38

Bath - the fitter was really sloppy.

I then went to selfridges and got fitted by a lady who really took her time.

flatmum Wed 07-Aug-13 07:45:05

every one I've been in. I get my pants from M and S but you couldn't pay me to get a bra there - they're woeful

Relaxedandhappyperson Wed 07-Aug-13 07:43:49

Tweeting about bras?

My god - do you have nothing better to do with your life? Make a proper complaint if you feel like it - but "tweeting". FGS!

Twitter is SUCH a stupid invention.

mirai Wed 07-Aug-13 07:39:13

Have they replied at all? It's madness that they're ignoring all this. They could really spearhead a change... Why don't they??

celticclan Tue 06-Aug-13 09:41:21

Not going to measure you.

celticclan Tue 06-Aug-13 09:40:08

M&S had me measuring at 36C when I should have been about a 30e. I haven't shopped at M&S for years but I remember back in the 90s they rarely stocked bras smaller than a 34 and the 32s only went up to a C cup. M&S are only to measure you at 30F if they don't stock that size.

Tubemole1 Tue 06-Aug-13 00:19:49

London Marble Arch.
Said I was a 32B. I have a v wide back so knew it couldn't be true. I'm a size 20 ffs.
Anyhoo, popped down the road to Debenhams Oxford Street, met a lovely bra fitter there, she made me relax and said I was a 38 D. Then she went around the store picking up about 10 different styles in the correct size and advised me on the best ones for me. I will go back.

LynetteScavo Mon 05-Aug-13 23:31:32

Well, I bought 2 fantastic bras from M&S...and thought I'd buy a third, so ordered another bra in the same size, and merrily wore it for the day...only to discover it was nowhere as big, even though the label said it was the same size. confused

Hopasholic Mon 05-Aug-13 23:24:19

I had a fitting recently, 36D at M&S. Not one of the 15 bras produced fitted. The assistant wouldn't budge on the measurement even though it was clear tht they just didn't fit.

I did it as a bit of an experiment as Sorrel had me down as a 30E

Went to John Lewis who confirmed 30E and I purchased 3 beautiful bras.

M&S are shite!

littlecrick Mon 05-Aug-13 21:43:08

I have lived all over the UK and have never received a decent fitting in a Marks & Spencers shop. I've been measured as everything from a 34D to a 38C and my weight has remained the same for years.

WeAreSix Mon 05-Aug-13 20:43:25

I'm going to share the link on twitter for M&S. Again.

Not me but a friend got measured in m and s Bristol. I don't know sizing but to make the bra 'fit' they told her to pull it right down so the cup was smooth on her boobs but the underwire was then about an inch below her boobs on her rib cage. Apparently this was ok as the cup 'fitted' but I can't see how it was supporting her boobs at all if it wasn't even touching them!

Fairylea Mon 05-Aug-13 08:06:23

Norwich and croydon. Both fitted me as a 34D.

I'm a 30g.

justabigdisco Mon 05-Aug-13 07:57:53

Just to rejuvenate this thread - another thing that really gets me about M&S bra fitting. You can't get any 'advice' without a sodding pre-booked appointment! Any request for a quick check of fit is met with a snotty 'sorry we're too busy, you should have made an appointment'. This happens every time, not just a one off. I can't always plan when I need a bra checking when I'm shopping with my 1yo!
Anyway since I realised they don't even stock the 30F that I actually am (measured at JL, bravissimo and HoF), I'm quite happy to say I'll never shop for a bra at M&S again.

My Panache bra has an Australian size label in it (8E / 30E).

sleepywombat Tue 30-Jul-13 01:13:17

Great, thanks VillaVillekulla, will check them out!

VillaVillekulla Mon 29-Jul-13 10:37:24

Sleepywombat Elle Macpherson does some styles in 8D. You could also try 10C as I think some Aussie brands (like Elle MacPherson) come up smaller in the back than UK brands. Have you looked at Zodee - It's an Australian size and starts at size 6 (28") back.

FoxPass Sun 28-Jul-13 21:57:39

yy to a mumsnet campaign!

I am wearing a 30dd after years of badly fitting 34b (thanks M&S!) I cannot believe the difference a properly fitting bra has made to my boobs. they look lovely and I feel so comfortable!

so thank you ladies thanks now I just need to get my mum away from M&S and her supposed 36 back size!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 28-Jul-13 06:57:51

Just to add my two pen etch, I couldn't resist as I have whined about this for years. marks and Spencer in Solihull would have me in a 36B I am a 34 D. I couldn't believe the diff when I discovered it!

sleepywombat Sun 28-Jul-13 05:28:51

Yes, can only find 10Ds in Australia & even that pretty rare (very few styles), will be doing online shopping!

Incidentally, GokWan is fronting the new Target (our M&S equivalent) campaign & is on ads at the mo saying 'fitter in every store', 'you have no excuse not to get the right bra size'. Bras in Target start at size 10 (32).

SorrelForbes Sat 27-Jul-13 22:20:55

Is it wrong that I'm a little bit proud that M&S now ignore me grin

Sounds like you've joined me and Sorrel on their "crazy bra ladies" list

WeAreSix Sat 27-Jul-13 21:16:08

Still no twitter reply. I'll try again Monday...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now