Another former "A-cup" has been converted!

(629 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 02:08:08

I finally clicked on one of the bra threads and was shocked to hear that there's only ever been one true A-cup on here.

I have always thought of myself as a 36A. But, I tried the measuring thing and got 35" X 38".

Could I really be a 34C??

Well, I tried one on at Asda, and it fit much better than I would have ever imagined. It was a little tighter than I'd like, but the cups were perfect. A 36C wasn't as smooth a fit. I didn't have time to try on other styles. But, when I get the chance, I am going to find a bra that is suitable in a 36C.

So that's trying a 28DD, 28D, 30D and 30C

bigbuttons Thu 18-Jul-13 17:02:03

My friend has just done this she was 32 and 44 over. What size should she get!shock

HaPPy8 Thu 18-Jul-13 17:03:40

Thank you SC. And also ITRC as it now appears I have the worlds joint smallest boobs instead of just the smallest smile

LadyIsabellaWrotham Thu 18-Jul-13 17:05:23

Having read a bunch of these threads I was v smug that nice John Lewis lady had already intervened me away from M&S's 34A (and one memorably awful 34AA which she swore was right) into a much better 32B. But several threads later I've actually measured myself and am coming up as a 30C/D - I think I'll wait a few months until some of my existing bras need replacing though.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 18-Jul-13 17:05:35

I love these threads. So nice to wear the correct size. Finding out about scooping changed my life grin

32 and 44 would be, roughly, a 32HH

greymoose Thu 18-Jul-13 17:11:09

26" and 33?? - also what would be the conversion size into bras actually made in shops, pretty sure 26 not existent and can only find 30?!

SC that reply surely wasn't to me was it?

the 28dd etc was you redcorned

greymoose - in theory a 26F. However - noone really makes 26s. So I would suggest you try a 28DD and E, and look at a Rixie clip or take them in at the back (very easy to do)

Once you have your size worked out there is a polish company called Ewa Michalak which custom makes 26s for around £30 each

thriftychic Thu 18-Jul-13 17:17:24

mine may win to be the smallest grin 29 under and 32 over . they were very sad little boobies but now they are in a 30c bra instead of 34a , makes me feel so much better!!

bigbuttons Thu 18-Jul-13 17:19:20

oops mis- measured, she's 34" and 44" what size would fit?

Wow thank you for the advice, can I try shopping in these sizes in George (all we have locally) or am I best to go Debenhams?

greymoose Thu 18-Jul-13 17:19:54

thanks statistically!! i will look into it - definitely going to check out that polish company! thanks!!!

34 and 44 - 34GG

for 28s - debenhams or bravissimo, supermarkets, la senza, topshop etc just dont stock them. Probably cos everyone has been fitted by M&S so you get skinny teens thinking they are a 36a

Bimblepops Thu 18-Jul-13 17:24:59

Hello, am intrigued by this, so just measured myself...32" and 39". Boobs have been destroyed by breastfeeding, I have lot of bonus boob to make up for it though!

Any idea what size bra I should be trying? Currently in 34e and struggling to fill the cups.

Please and thank you!

ChocChaffinch Thu 18-Jul-13 17:29:36

I am a tricky one gurus!
I measure a 32 underneath, but 32" bras feel waaaay too tight
I'm v shallow cupped
have been measured as a dd cupsize, and some dd's are OK
but the bra that fits me best is my old M&S 32B balcony

Try a 32F in theory Bimblepops

can you put your 34E on, fasten it on the tightest hook and try scooping.

Scooping:

All those bumps, lumps, back fat, armpit fat - they get yanked in to the bra! However it only works if A: the back is small enough and b: the cup is big enough.

Basically, put bra on, then stand side on to a miror. Lean forward, put your right hand inside your left cup, reach round as far as you can and pull/scoop/yank all the flesh/soft tissue that is bumping under or over the back, around the straps or the armpit and haul its ass in to the cup. Repeat at other side. You might need to do it a couple of times (as doing one side knocks the other out slightly)

chocchaffinch - what are your measurements as described upthread and what have you actually tried size wise?

Bimblepops Thu 18-Jul-13 17:34:22

That's what I do! I'm an expert scooper, thanks to a fab bra fitter at John Lewis a couple of years ago who showed me the trick.

I'll give the 32F a try.

Thank you!

It could well be that the 34 just can't hold the scoop because it's too big in the back. A 32F is the same cup volume, so start there and if it feels too gapey after mega scoopage then try the 32E

ChocChaffinch Thu 18-Jul-13 17:44:57

32.5 under
37.5 around
v v shallow grin

Ok that would be a 32DD or E. Now you said the 32s you have tried have been too tight- what CUP size did you try in the 32?

ChocChaffinch Thu 18-Jul-13 17:47:50

have tried
32 dd - seems v tight cups floppy at top

32 e - cups mahoosive

34 c - no support

anything in the sale blush

ChocChaffinch Thu 18-Jul-13 17:48:40

I ALWAYS find whatever the style etc that the shoulder straps always fall down. have sewn a few extra short - but why is this?
I'm tall, about size 12 up top

ChocChaffinch Thu 18-Jul-13 17:50:00

I hate being uncomfy - if I could wear a sports bra all day I would sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now