Another former "A-cup" has been converted!

(629 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 02:08:08

I finally clicked on one of the bra threads and was shocked to hear that there's only ever been one true A-cup on here.

I have always thought of myself as a 36A. But, I tried the measuring thing and got 35" X 38".

Could I really be a 34C??

Well, I tried one on at Asda, and it fit much better than I would have ever imagined. It was a little tighter than I'd like, but the cups were perfect. A 36C wasn't as smooth a fit. I didn't have time to try on other styles. But, when I get the chance, I am going to find a bra that is suitable in a 36C.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 02:08:25

Oops. I meant 34C.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 18-Jul-13 02:09:47

Welcome to the path of bra righteousness and light, Katy.

envy envy envy at 34C.

Spottycurtains Thu 18-Jul-13 08:04:02

I have always thought I was a 34b/a. Was interested by all the success stories so measured myself using intervention rules and came out as a 30 under and 34 round boobs.
so that's a 30d, tried on a 30d and it was sadly empty, my sad little boobs didn't even fill half the cup. what am I doing wrong?
I only tried on one disappointing bra as too embarrassed to get another, it felt like I was a boob imposter.

50ShadesOfMaybe Thu 18-Jul-13 09:45:24

smile at "sad little boobs".

Spotty, I know what you mean. I've stayed away from these new fangled bra measuring threads as I'm pretty happy with the way my bras fit and look. They are mostly 34A or 32B. I tend to buy ones with a bit of padding as I also have "sad little boobs"! I can't imagine trying a C or D cup - they just look massive. I wasn't even that big when BF-ing.

spotty did you remember to scoop, especially if your breasts sit quite far round that has a huge impact

my bras look half empty until I scoop

missesjellybean Thu 18-Jul-13 10:37:56

yikes I dread to think what size mine are...I just always buy a 34 dd I'll probably be a 34 zzzz if I ever get measured! im too scared to find out

bodingading Thu 18-Jul-13 12:57:22

It might be the style, Spotty. I don't fill a t-shirt bra, and fall out of plunges, but balconys (half cup) are perfect -just perfect.

It all depends on the shape of your boobs. Mine are shallow and it means they never fill the top half of a bra, even though they are a 32F.

bodingading Thu 18-Jul-13 12:59:01
TheCraicDealer Thu 18-Jul-13 13:00:02

Back the fuck up- what is this? What have I missed?! I'm a 34A and have always suspected that I'm, er, not. So what is this magically measuring system you speak of?

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jul-13 13:03:58

Remove bra
Measure tightly underbust
Bend over and measure over bust loosely
Come back, post measurements and let bra gurus do their magic

TheCraicDealer Thu 18-Jul-13 13:06:35

So when you bend over do you measure the "gap"? Because I have little triangle boobs.

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jul-13 13:28:02

Lean right over and measure around your nipples, don't push the tape in the gap

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 13:28:25

You just measure the circumference of your chest around the widest part while boobs are hanging straight down. Don't pull the tape tight.

PollyEstherNightie Thu 18-Jul-13 13:35:21

Ooh, I measured and I'm 28 in. underneath my boobs and nearly 36 when I measure around them while leaning forward.

What does that make me? <excited>

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 13:38:33

A 28 DD or E, I think.

Do those exist?

28 and 36 would be around a 28ff

PollyEstherNightie Thu 18-Jul-13 13:41:54

Seriously?! My measuring can't be right, I'm going to have another go. I usually wear an A!! shock

PollyEstherNightie Thu 18-Jul-13 13:44:20

OK, had another go. It's definitely 28 underneath and more like 34 around (was clearly being a bit ambitious before) wink

What would that make me, bra experts? smile

goodasitgets Thu 18-Jul-13 13:44:57

Try a 28E

34 would be a 28e...but always try sizes around it too so probably try from dd to ff starting with the biggest cups as too big is easier to see than too small

I always wore a 34a untill the bra threads on here. Now I'm a 32d/dd smile

PollyEstherNightie Thu 18-Jul-13 13:46:59

Good grief, this is exciting. Thanks everyone! And to think that I've always worn an A or a B. Madness!

TheCraicDealer Thu 18-Jul-13 13:49:20

I really want to measure myself now! Having to exercise restraint, my boss won't want to see this.

ShowOfHands Thu 18-Jul-13 13:52:32

I'll measure later, but how do you convert it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now