what eyeliner can you buy that actually STAYS on the waterline for more than 5 minutes?

(18 Posts)
neriberi Thu 18-Jul-13 15:57:54

I forgot, smashbox do a waterproof range of eye pencils that are meant to be very good.

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 18-Jul-13 14:23:07

avon/ jemma kid/ urban decay 24/benefit/barry m//all horrific and last five minutes on me. But i would think they would be ok on someone not watery and oily. I'm just sick of always wasting money. I just can't wear it on lower lashes and it doesn't last long on upper.

neriberi Thu 18-Jul-13 13:58:40

urban decay 24hr glide on eyeliner pencils are truly amazing, well I think they are, they seem to last all day long on me, they also do some amazing colours.

dirtyface Thu 18-Jul-13 09:33:33

oh dear thats basically a no then grin

i have quite watery eyes as well, i wear contact lenses so dont think that helps

UseHerName Thu 18-Jul-13 06:55:27

benefit bad gal felt pen or barry m blink felt pen smile

Amrapaali Thu 18-Jul-13 06:36:42

I reckon any eyeliner will stay, if you set it with some powder.

Draw the line, then dab a clean eye shadow brush in some loose translucent powder (or baby powder), press against drawn line and presto! A dark eye that will stay put...

You can draw another light line on top, for extra staying power/ filling gaps.

Amrapaali Thu 18-Jul-13 06:30:54

Another vote for Avon. Their gel eyeliner stick is really hard to budge...

Havingkittens Thu 18-Jul-13 05:51:34

The Jemma Kid ones are good.

JazzDalek Thu 18-Jul-13 00:13:57

No 7 liquid liners. I have the dark blue one mentioned above and a plummy one, both last most of the day.

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 17-Jul-13 22:16:23

Maybelline studio gel was one of the worst I tried! but i am watery and a bit oily. even so..it should do what it says, and stay put?! it gave me the worst panda eyes, and that was even if only on top eyeline

ANother one here who used to use Dior, but now using Clarins.

Maybelline eye studio gel liner, I swear by it-lasts pretty much all day and applies beautifully

hipposbelongoutside Wed 17-Jul-13 21:56:07

mac eyeliners are good, most will drift away eventualy

JennySense Wed 17-Jul-13 21:55:04

I've had some good results with a cheapo Mua from Superdrug

cogitosum Wed 17-Jul-13 21:47:19

I used to love the Dior one but the last one I got was rubbish - actually wrote and complained!

I'm using the Claris one at the moment which seems ok so far (only used it since yesterday)

TallulahBetty Wed 17-Jul-13 21:47:00

I think eyeliners budge from there by definition, sadly.

HOWEVER. I find that Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners stay on my lash line all day. Only a few quid so maybe worth a shot to see if they last longer than others you've tried?

alltoomuchrightnow Wed 17-Jul-13 21:45:34

never ever ever found one. Gosh's liquid ones last about half an hour on me ( i don't even think they do them any more..the ones that are meant to be long lasting and can use for nail and body art as well as eyes)... No7 do a lovely dark blue one (sea or ocean is the name) that lasts about an hour..i am blinky and watery though!

dirtyface Wed 17-Jul-13 21:00:19

you know the lower lash line just inside the lower eye lid (iykwim) does such a thing exist?

i have tried LOADS

help!

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now