Recommend me a good poweder blusher

(20 Posts)
missbopeep Sun 14-Jul-13 11:26:43

Okay- am super fussy so bear with me. Am very pale- use BB Porcelain foundation.

So far I've found most blushers too bright, and many powder blushes go hard in the pan after a short time.

I've used
Clinique Innocent peach- nice but silly style of palette which makes it hard to use a decent blusher brush.

BB- Nude peach- went hard ( I know it's the oil from my foundation on the brush) and not really peachy- rather too pink IMO.

Clarins - the peach is nice but it has a darker shade in too which is a no no.

Rimmel Santa Rose- nice texture but too browny.

NARS- Deep Throat- too bright.

If anyone has any ideas for Nars that's great- the really pale ones look nothing on my skin but that's in shop lighting.

Laura Mercier- Wild Bouquet- too brown.

Happy to pay - Dior, Chanel etc -or Rimmel- whatever!

hazeyjane Sun 14-Jul-13 11:32:39

I like Bourjois little round pot, in Rose Ambre, and have never found a blusher as good. I am very pale too.

BellaVita Sun 14-Jul-13 12:06:02

Chanel Jous Contraste, colour Frivole.

A peachy colour. Had good reviews in Red magazine. I bought it, very happy with it.

Keztrel Sun 14-Jul-13 12:28:59

I'm very pale too and anything too brown or too orangey peach looks bad on me. I use Mac sheertone blusher in Pink Swoon, but if that's too bright Well Dressed is an even softer pink. If you like ones with a bit of peach Springsheen is a light, softer version of Nars Orgasm. I also love Frankly Scarlet because it's one of the only cool toned red-based blushers I've found. It's very very red in the pan but if you apply lightly you can get a great Snow White effect on pale skin.

Leafleaflea Sun 14-Jul-13 12:39:42

The Sleek makeup range in Superdrug sell a gorgeous blusher called Rose Gold.

Apparently it's very very similar to Nars Orgasm.

SavoyCabbage Sun 14-Jul-13 12:45:10

I was going to say exactly the same as hazeyjane.

Keztrel Sun 14-Jul-13 13:18:42

Laura Mercier orange blossom is lovely. Its not orange, don't worry.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sun 14-Jul-13 13:57:12

I love Dior Rosy Glow, Chanel Rose Ecrin or Givenchy ISt Girl Purple( not purple, I should add!)

JennySense Sun 14-Jul-13 16:30:44

Yes to sleek rose god. I also love the new bourjois cream blush

Allthingspretty Sun 14-Jul-13 16:36:07

Nars orgasm

I like this Soap and Glory one.

MrsFlorrick Sun 14-Jul-13 19:10:27

How about this:

As its in loose powder form it won't go hard. And the clover is great peachy pink for pale people. I use it and am super pale.

They do a more pinky one as well

phinz Sun 14-Jul-13 20:01:28

I'm also very pale and very picky about blusher. I'm using one called Katie by illamasqua and it is great. It is a light pink but really pigmented so it actually shows up. It doesn't have any glitter/sparkle in it.

Wyfee Sun 14-Jul-13 20:04:50

Benefit dandelion is a lovely everyday blusher for pale people.

missbopeep Sun 14-Jul-13 20:08:11

Thanks- will make a list for when I go shopping!

iliketea Sun 14-Jul-13 20:10:31

another vote for dandelion for benefit. I use it on my face the same way as people who are not so pale as me use bronzer.

It's about £15 but a little box lasts for ages.

Yes, Dandelion is lovely - but I bet it's nearer £25 nowadays. It does last a long time though.

Vibbe Mon 15-Jul-13 00:59:54

Sleek and MAC are good. Sleek are more pigmented, so can be harder to apply, but it's just about getting used to it.

I'm Warm Ivory in BB foundations.I have more than 20 loads of different blushes, and I match them with the colour of my lipstick/gloss - I have dark wine coloured ones, pale peach coloured, pink, orange and everything inbetween.

The golden rule for blushes is that a blush with the same undertone as the skin will be very subtle, whereas a blush with the opposite undertone will be standing out more.
So if you have a warm/yellow skin tone (which I assume you have as BB foundations have yellow undertones), a blush with a warm undertone will be subtle, and a blush with a cool undertone will stand out more.

You could also go for a bronzer instead, just find one that isn't too orange.

I'd suggest Sleek Blush by 3 (a palette with 3 colours) in the colour Lace. It's £9.99:

You could also try MAC Peaches and/or MAC Melba. They are £18 each.

You can find swatches of the colours online smile

Havingkittens Mon 15-Jul-13 03:34:51

M.A.C Mineralize Blusher in Dainty, or the normal Powder Blusher in Pinch O' Peach are both lovely.

Secretswitch Mon 15-Jul-13 04:25:01

I am also going to put my recommend in for Benefit Dandelion. It is 28 USD at Sephora. My mil buys it for me every Hannukah as I just could not afford to buy on my own. It does last almost the entire year. The colour is lovely on pale skin. Just to note it is actually marketed as an all over skin brightener.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now