She is just sooooo beautiful!

(118 Posts)
Goal Fri 12-Jul-13 17:42:43

I swear she just doesn't age. I want to be her! How is she 44

Helena christensen

daimbardiva Tue 16-Jul-13 15:59:11

newcupboards Ha, yes, I can't think why I don't read it more often...!

Newcupboards Tue 16-Jul-13 15:44:08

daimbardiva -I believe it was an example of the incisive journalism the Daily Mail is so well-respected for wink

Eliza22 Tue 16-Jul-13 12:45:50

Mingus? Aww, poor thing.

I'm often mistaken for HC. When I've been airbrushed. When I'm not airbrushed I'm 5 ft 6, a 14+ with wrinkles and sticky-up hair.

cheerfulweather Tue 16-Jul-13 11:05:55

Ah she looks much closer to her actual age there, but still looks well for all that. I really don't like the pictures with the airbrushing.

daimbardiva Tue 16-Jul-13 09:56:53

Also had to laugh at the line in the non-article "She clearly had bought just enough to carry comfortably in white carrier bags" WTF?! Why not just say " Here is a photo of HC shopping" and leave it at that?

daimbardiva Tue 16-Jul-13 09:55:31

She is gorgeous, undeniably, but in the shopping photos I'm not sure I'd have recognised her if I passed her in the street. I see plenty of 40 year olds looking like that. Agree that the photos are tacky - she looks amazing, but I'm bemused by the styling, particularly as she chose it herself.

Newcupboards Mon 15-Jul-13 19:22:53

the dress is hideous. And her son is called Mingus Reedus? grin

Keztrel Mon 15-Jul-13 10:08:46

I think in those shopping photos she looks like a perfectly normal, attractive 44 yr old. Its the styling, lighting, make up and air brushing that makes her look like a goddess.

prettyanddainty Mon 15-Jul-13 09:53:34

I think she is naturally stunning, she was my all time fave model alongside Yasmin le bon.
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2363852/Helena-Christensen-simmers-red-ivory-Aztec-printed-folk-dress-grocery-run.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
This is how she looks before being airbrushed, still gorgeous though.

LifeofPo Sun 14-Jul-13 22:26:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

auldspinster Sun 14-Jul-13 11:10:32

Don't get the fuss about the pix, they're bread and butter of edgy style mags for 20 years or more. She looks amazing as she always has and if I had a body like that I'd get it out at any opportunity.

kerstina Sun 14-Jul-13 08:29:36

She was not my favourite supermodel Christi Turlington was. Have to say she looks amazing. She has the bone structure and colouring that do not diminish. Some models suit youth best and don't seem to age quite so well am thinking of Kate Moss.

Onetwo34 Sat 13-Jul-13 21:16:27

Those pictures are awful! Great body though.

SofaCanary Sat 13-Jul-13 21:02:57

Well quite, she was more of an opium kinda girl. Allegedly.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 13-Jul-13 19:12:23

I'm just annoyed that someone on here labelled her a coke head. That's not nice.

ProjectGainsborough Sat 13-Jul-13 19:02:16

Oh, it's really irritating that this is the one night of the year that I have to go out, because I'm really interested in this debate.

I would argue that they are totally different to glamour shots - hard to define why - perhaps because the audience is different? I can't say that they aren't titillating (horrid word) though. But what, in this context, is wrong with that? Everyone has to get their rocks off to something...

SoupDragon Sat 13-Jul-13 18:45:34

It is no different to glamour modelling in essence but is packaged as art and they cross their fingers no one challenges it

Well, given the comments from some on this thread, they certainly seem to have spun the "art" lie well.

They are tacky glamour shots, nothing else.

ProjectGainsborough Sat 13-Jul-13 18:42:49

Don't get the fuss. I find page three puerile and reductive, but quite like these.

She obviously chose to do them, she's not desperate for the fame or money. They are nicely shot, she looks amazing and there is a touch of the unexpected in them (both in the choice to do them and the fanjo-swans).

Bakingnovice Sat 13-Jul-13 18:34:58

Wizard thanks for posting the untouched photo. She looks less sleazy in that photo. She's beautiful but I'm sorry the photos are sleazy and slightly degrading.

noddyholder Sat 13-Jul-13 18:32:26

Her mixed heritage has been a gift in the skin dept!

DeathByTray Sat 13-Jul-13 18:25:59

Salty you up for a challenge then?

I shaved my legs today for the first time this year so that should help.
grin

MasterOfTheYoniverse Sat 13-Jul-13 18:17:57

salty? serious, want to start a business wink
can you erase my elevens? DD thinks I look a bit angry ….which is a good cue to go get botoxed.

MarshaBrady Sat 13-Jul-13 18:13:55

Even 20 year olds get airbrushed so it's kind of a given these days.

I didn't realise she was half Peruvian. Danish/Peruvian no wonder she looks great.

SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Jul-13 18:09:49

She has a good figure for her age, no doubting that, but as others have said those pictures are photo-shopped. A lot.

I've done (paid) airbrushing touch up work before. I could probably make most of you look like that given a good enough basic shot and some time.

MasterOfTheYoniverse Sat 13-Jul-13 18:08:23

Noddy, just ignore them.
am sure she is a bit older than 44. Gorgeous nonetheless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now