Another 'comfy sandals for holidays' thread

(87 Posts)
WildThongsHeartString Thu 11-Jul-13 12:53:47

Has anyone found this holy grail. We're going a place with lots to see, meaning a lot of walking on cobbled streets!

If possible I would like something lightweight and neutral in colour, with no toe posts bunions

ThoughtfulSilence Sat 13-Jul-13 09:12:02

EatYourVeg I think they are, not as grannyish as some of the others but pretty bad.

I think these are all granny, just can't imagine wearing them with any of my clothes. What do people wear theirs with? I wear Zara, Mango, River Island, Top Shop style clothes, none of these would look good:

Hotter My best friends mum wears these

Hotter Awful

Rieker

Camping trip or hiking ONLY

My Nan has some just like these, had them years, she is 91

AndTwoBits Sat 13-Jul-13 09:18:03

If saltwater aren.t your cup of tea I also swear by lotta from Stockholm sandals, recommended to me here first. Now I wouldn't be power walking in them or over cobblestones but for a cute very comfortable pair of sandals I would really recommend them. I have two pairs and they look gorgeous and are so soft against my sensitive feet. Sorry cant do links to them on this iPad. I'm still learning!

AndTwoBits Sat 13-Jul-13 09:23:11

http://www.lottafromstockholm.co.uk/clogs/peep-toe-clogs-silver.html

AndTwoBits Sat 13-Jul-13 09:23:33

Maybe that worked!

noddyholder Sat 13-Jul-13 09:28:59
MadBusLady Sat 13-Jul-13 09:29:32

I do like them especially in the polka dots, but I think as with the Saltwaters my calves wouldn't do them justice. That tricky narrow line between lovely cool young thing and nun on a coach tour...

MadBusLady Sat 13-Jul-13 09:32:00

red polka dots. Great for anyone who does 50s skirts! envy

flipflopper Sat 13-Jul-13 10:13:54

elliotness I am size 6.5. Where are you do you want £25 for the sandals?

polyhymnia Sat 13-Jul-13 10:26:40

Have to say I think anyone embarking on a walk round Rome and it's cobbles etc in thin soled flip-flops would be very I'll advised and would end I with completely shredded feet. Don't greatly want to look grannyish - if my Fitfops do - but if it's a choice between that and the holiday blighted by agonising feet so I can't even put on my pretty sandals for short walk to our favourite trattoria in the evening, then I'll go with the Fitflops thanks!

polyhymnia Sat 13-Jul-13 10:27:54

Its not It's !

polyhymnia Sat 13-Jul-13 10:30:19

Ill advised not I'll advised!
Wretched phone!

EliotNess Sat 13-Jul-13 10:31:24

christ those clogs are even worse.
My clarks efforst ( for school trip in heat ) i thought werent bad..
Flipflopper I have dm ed you

WildThongsHeartString Sat 13-Jul-13 11:09:05

poly you are right. Sometimes we over think the comfy shoe v pretty shoe thing. I have lost count of the number of women on holiday with yukky Elastoplast hanging off their shredded feet, usually British feet wearing totally inappropriate shoes or flip flops btw. It's not pleasant when links that have been added to try and help are basically sneered at and dismissed as "granny" or "fugly". It's okay to not like something, but why not just link to what you do like without being mean? I don't regard myself as either granny or fugly and am quite happy to wear my marvellously comfy Reikers during the day 'cos this means I am able to wear strappy/ pretty sandals at night.
Rant oversmile

shrug, I'm wearing the Hotter red sliders today with denim crops and a red/white T-shirt. I wear the blue shoes with dark trousers, and the tan sandals with a knee length dress.

I do think some of the so-called "granny" styles look better on than in a photo, and it does depend on what they're worn with.

But then, what do I know, I own 2 pairs of Crocs grin

Well, thank you eatyourveg. I'm glad at least somebody agrees with me that they're pretty.

ThoughtfulSilence I suppose I should be grateful for the "not so bad as some of the others" comment. I would imagine that you'd find all my clothes awful and mumsy too, so I won't bother telling you what I wear them with.

PS, wildthong I totally agree with you.

DoctorRobert Sat 13-Jul-13 13:22:23

I've recently bought these from Clarks

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20354524

They're very comfy but I think they look quite nice too, should go well from day to evening when on holiday if we stay out all day

trying to ignore the fact there was a woman of about 80 buying the same pair at the same time as me

BestIsWest Sat 13-Jul-13 20:01:30

Can't imagine wearing those wooden clogs for long on Portuguese cobbles but was reminiscing only today how we all wore those wooden Dr Scholl sandals in the 70's.

babysbreath Sat 13-Jul-13 20:47:34

These are so comfy and retro......

women's originals by Clarks

Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 13-Jul-13 21:12:30

I've just gotten these google Scholl Molokai if the link doesn't work. I love them, got them in tan

LadyMilfordHaven Sat 13-Jul-13 23:11:25

Clarks ones dire

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 13-Jul-13 23:15:52

blueeyeshadow i have those earth spirit ones and i absolutely LIVE in them.
im looking for more. bliss for feet! i love em

ProphetOfDoom Sat 13-Jul-13 23:20:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProphetOfDoom Sat 13-Jul-13 23:21:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

miffybun73 Sat 13-Jul-13 23:23:23

Birkenstock Madrid - I just love them. Feels like having bare feet, just so unbelievably blissfully comfortable even when walking long distances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now