Another 'comfy sandals for holidays' thread

(87 Posts)
WildThongsHeartString Thu 11-Jul-13 12:53:47

Has anyone found this holy grail. We're going a place with lots to see, meaning a lot of walking on cobbled streets!

If possible I would like something lightweight and neutral in colour, with no toe posts bunions

workatemylife Fri 12-Jul-13 16:29:06

Sorry - tivo TERRA

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Fri 12-Jul-13 16:30:41

Saltwaters

AndTwoBits Fri 12-Jul-13 16:35:26

Been living in my red salt waters this summer. Unbelievably comfortable and cute too

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Fri 12-Jul-13 21:57:27

Mine are red too! I loves them I do. Have walked miles in them, been in the sea etc and they still look fab. I want gold ones next!

MadBusLady Fri 12-Jul-13 22:12:00

Hm, I like the look of saltwaters but do you all have very slim ankles? I am a little chunky in that area, need something kind!

pollywollydoodle Fri 12-Jul-13 22:43:10

iwishiwas are those hush puppy rosebuds quite wide?

Suttonmum1 Fri 12-Jul-13 22:45:13

I have the prebious year's version of the Hushpuppies Ceylon Sling linked by BestisWest above. It was called Rosebud and I see is available for £25 on Amazon. Very comfortable, wore them in the heat and cobbles of Croatia last year and still going strong. I have dark brown myself.

Suttonmum1 Fri 12-Jul-13 22:46:36

PS I do have quite wide feet and two toes that rub and take ages to choose sandals

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 12-Jul-13 22:47:42

Yes polly they are quite wide. Super comfy!

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Fri 12-Jul-13 22:52:46

madbuslady I'd say I have average ankles! The ankle straps on the saltwaters seem fairly ample though I'd say.

ThoughtfulSilence Fri 12-Jul-13 22:59:03

I've been looking for the holy grail too, I think the ones MadBus has linked to are the closest to what I want.

I just absolutely, categorically cannot bring myself to buy ones like these which I know are the sensible option but are only for camping trips and hikes imo and won't go with any of my clothes.

I want gorgeous and comfortable!

zipzap Fri 12-Jul-13 23:53:54

I've had comfy 'walk the world' sandals from Clarks, (particularly if they have the originals or unstructured sole, or if they have the sporty spongy sole, ignore the pretty dainty things for cobbles!), Ecco and Siebel. All of them have been wearable straight off with not wearing in.

This year I needed some new sandals as I haven't yet found my old ones from last year but didn't want to spend loads on them as my old ones should be fine once I find them. So I've ended up with these from K at the Clarks shop - oregano bay sandals and they seem comfy enough - particularly as I have recently started getting puffy ankles and feet when it gets hot so wanted something that could expand if need be.

They would be better if they had a paler sole and if they were a bit less gold and a bit more neutral soft metal but they were half price and about £25 so relatively cheap and comfortable. And I figure they'll soon dim a bit if I don't polish them grin

I've also had it on very good authority that Naot sandals are supposed to be fantastically comfortable but I haven't found anywhere local to try them on yet... but worth looking out for if you spot them!

WildThongsHeartString Sat 13-Jul-13 00:27:33

I've bought these today. Omg, it's like walking on marshmallows, really light and so comfortable.

EliotNess Sat 13-Jul-13 07:00:21

All these linked are granny sandals. Ladies. Terrible.

gindrinker Sat 13-Jul-13 07:17:02

How about Birkenstocks? I've got bronze gizahs and they're so comfy.

noddyholder Sat 13-Jul-13 07:38:17

Just te Haviannas for day and then something less orthopaedic for night. Mango do some cheap patent flats and the coral and jade ones are lovely

Hotter were doing a 3 for the price of 2 offer lately - I bought some brick red slip ons, some tan/ coral low heeled sandals, and some pale blue diagonal strap shoes - I always struggle finding shoes that can be worn with bare legs, but these seem to work. Will try to find links...

pollywollydoodle Sat 13-Jul-13 08:19:20

thanks iwishiwas and suttonmum

ThoughtfulSilence Sat 13-Jul-13 08:37:22

eliotness Yes, most of them I think are really granny too, awful.

I think you can have comfy and granny or fashionable and uncomfortable.

I just can't bring myself to buy the same type/style that my colleagues in their 60s wear with their 3/4length elasticated granny skirts.

eatyourveg Sat 13-Jul-13 08:50:39

The ones BlueEyeshadow linked to aren't granny sandals see here Think I might just pop down the high street later to try on a pair myself!

DumSpiroSpero Sat 13-Jul-13 08:53:13

Tbh I'd rather enjoy myself wearing granny sandals than spend the whole day distracted and miserable because my feet hurt.

noddyholder Sat 13-Jul-13 08:55:05

I can't believe anyone wears shoes like that. You can be comfy and still not grannyish! Kurt geiger do ugg flip flops and they are about £20 atm very comfy and nice colours

noddyholder Sat 13-Jul-13 08:56:39

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 13-Jul-13 08:58:54

I have Naot sandals, but they are Fugly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now