Does red lipstick suit me? Pic on profile.

(55 Posts)
Keztrel Sun 07-Jul-13 22:49:57

This is the only one I've found that doesn't look ridiculous, but I'm still not sure it's right. I think maybe pinks and purples look better on me, but I really want to be able to wear bright red!

HotCrossPun Sun 07-Jul-13 22:52:28

I think bright red would look great on you. Give it a go!

Ujjayi Sun 07-Jul-13 22:53:29

I think it looks good but it is quite a soft red. I think with your colouring you could go for a more dramatic shade of red. Chanel Coco Rouge lipsticks are a good starting point if you are a bit reluctant to go full tilt into a strong red.

I like it. I think you could carry off a stronger shade as well, you just need to be confident when you wear it smile

BOF Sun 07-Jul-13 22:55:00

Oh yes- you look beautiful.

RussianBlu Sun 07-Jul-13 22:55:43

Yes, try Clinique's Flamanco.

MrsLettuce Sun 07-Jul-13 22:57:11

That looks lovely and your beautiful envy

I;d not really call it red though. You can take a lot more colour, mac rubt woo is my favourite.

MrsLettuce Sun 07-Jul-13 22:58:18

you're beautiful

Mac Ruby Woo

Devora Sun 07-Jul-13 22:58:43

What great teeth you've got!

A slightly more blue-toned red, I think?

cannotfuckingbelievethis Sun 07-Jul-13 22:58:52

How lovely are you ! Agree with the above, with your hair colour you could go more dramatic.

My hair is like Annie Lennox and I wore red lippy to a family meal the other night. Left the house thinking I looked fab, came home looking like a 4 yr old that had been let loose in her Mum's make up bag. I need to accept that it's not a good look on me. And it was Revlon Candy Apple which is apparently a universal red...

Keztrel Sun 07-Jul-13 23:15:41

I think its more of a brown based red so will try the blue based suggestions, thanks. I love the look of Candy Apple ryan but think its a bit warm toned for me.

I've got Ruby Woo but it scares me, all I can see is lips when I put it on! Maybe I'll give it another go.

Keztrel Sun 07-Jul-13 23:17:23

Annie Lennox has platinum hair doesn't she Ryan? Id have thought red would look great on you! Maybe try a cooler one than candy apple?

And thanks BTW blush

therumoursaretrue Sun 07-Jul-13 23:22:15

Definitely try a stronger red. Would look fantastic on you!

ThenAgain Sun 07-Jul-13 23:26:23

Agree, stronger red! You remind me of Anne Hathaway smile

Keztrel Sun 07-Jul-13 23:33:58

Aha OK clearly I'm just being a wuss then smile

I also agree you could go for a stronger red will look lovely against your hair colour.

SisterMatic Sun 07-Jul-13 23:35:14

You have very lovely features. Agree you could go even stronger with the red.

<flounces off a teeny bit jealous>

grin

QueenCadbury Mon 08-Jul-13 07:10:05

Yes I agree, go for a stronger brighter red. You really are a typical winter with lovely dark hair and eyes

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 08-Jul-13 07:20:49

Yup, I agree too. You could carry off a far stronger red.

Keztrel Mon 08-Jul-13 09:44:33

OK, everyone agrees, that was easy! I just need to get more confident in the brightness of colours like ruby woo. I'm quite happy in bright pinks, there's just something about red that is scary.

MrsLettuce Mon 08-Jul-13 09:59:39

You could always start by applying a very thin layer of hte ruby woo - dabbing on with a fingertip works very nicely.

Keztrel Mon 08-Jul-13 10:06:39

Right will do that MrsLettuce and work up to full on red! Thanks smile

MrsLettuce Mon 08-Jul-13 10:26:30

smile

Have fun!

littleredragon Mon 08-Jul-13 11:18:57

You look like Anne Hathaway and I mean that as a compliment because she is a classic beauty. Yes you do suit red lippy.

littleredragon Mon 08-Jul-13 11:22:43

I would add though to have a great base of makeup and keep the eyes low key. Heavy eyes and lips don't look good. I think you also need to do a layers of the lippy. With red I always prep, a bit of foundation, 1 layer of red, line with neutral colour, blot and then another layer and maybe a bit of gloss in the middle. With being dark you can wear different shades of red. I also think you would suit a very dark cherry red or rouge noir tone.

Gosh, you got me going!
Enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now