Can I start another Next is crap thread?

(24 Posts)
orangeandemons Sun 07-Jul-13 09:20:28

Have just seen their aw preview. It is no different to last year, and the colours...ugh. Nude and gret anyone? Just for a change?

dexter73 Sun 07-Jul-13 09:33:20

I don't get why Next always get singled out all the time. Their clothes are the same mixture of ok/crap as every other shop.

orangeandemons Sun 07-Jul-13 09:36:20

Because they used to be good. And they charge more than anywhere else that produces similar clothes. Matalan style and quality but double the price

Oly4 Sun 07-Jul-13 09:46:09

They did used to be good, now it's all cheap stuff that doesn't wash or wear well. Still,love their kids clothes though, they wear fabulously

cocolepew United States Sun 07-Jul-13 09:57:39

I like Next, nothing wrong with the quality. Some stuff isn't to my taste but I'm a bit puzzled by the hatred on here for it confused.

JambalayaCodfishPie Sun 07-Jul-13 09:58:37

The quality has gone downhill.

I've shopped with Next for years, because its the only place that really 'fits' me. Over the last few years though, I've found myself returning stuff as its actually falling apart - bad stitching, embellishments falling off etc.

LOVE the little girls stuff though, my two live in Next.

dexter73 Sun 07-Jul-13 09:58:38

I don't remember when they used to be good. They have always sold the same sort of thing as far as I can remember! Don't know about Matalan - have never been there.

It's the same as most shops. Some good some bad. There's stuff I like and stuff I don't. There's only one shop I've experienced to be consistently poor quality and its not next.
Love their kids clothes just a Shame they are a bit more expensive than supermarkes for those.

DrMcDreamysWife Sun 07-Jul-13 10:00:47

S

DrMcDreamysWife Sun 07-Jul-13 10:02:24

Whoops! I don't think it's crap. Bit samey and boring in women's but for basic skirts and trousers for work it fits me well. And I love the kids stuff, really nice vintage flower prints this summer my dd looked lovely in and wash so well.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 07-Jul-13 10:03:25

Children's clothes are nice though

chanie44 Sun 07-Jul-13 12:38:52

I think the quality has gotten worse overall, but I still shop there occasionally. I mainly buy for the children, but wait until the sale (yes, I do admit to going early!!!!).

Pinkflipflop Sun 07-Jul-13 13:06:55

I used to really like some bits and pieces from Next but recently it just seems so dowdy!

Snoozy1 Sun 07-Jul-13 14:52:06

I love their childrens clothes too. Does anyone know when the sale starts?

southeastastra Sun 07-Jul-13 14:53:45

everywhere is crap atm

Keztrel Sun 07-Jul-13 15:02:29

DH gets lots of nice stuff for himself from Next. I've never liked their style so haven't noticed any change, but I do have a great pair of cropped black Audrey Hepburn style trousers from there, bought years ago. Would kill for another pair!

noisytoys Sun 07-Jul-13 15:03:03

I like next for basics at least you know what you are getting and know it will last. I disagree that the quality is as bad as Matalan and primark. They are awful quality!!

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 07-Jul-13 15:04:46

I buy from the Tall range....mainly trousers, which vary ridiculously n size.
I bought some really nice grey cigarette trousers, and ordered The black.....talk about camel toe!

Maxi dresses are good for length..

NoComet Sun 07-Jul-13 15:14:33

Nothing in the Next Catalogue is annoying because they are the only place I'll do mail order.

Their stuff fits, me, DD1(15) and DD2(12), everywhere else we all have to try stuff on.

CambridgeBlue Sun 07-Jul-13 21:48:33

I don't get the hatred either. I like Next for basics and don't find the quality any better or worse than other places in a similar price range. They do a good range of Petite stuff and I like being able to try on at home and return for free. I thought there were quite a few nice things in the new collection too <gets kicked off S&B>.

plentyofsoap Mon 08-Jul-13 09:13:12

kids stuff is great. I have been put off by the quality of adult clothes though and returned the matetnity trousers I purchased they were a shocking fit, but great last pregnancy 5 years ago.

3hens Mon 08-Jul-13 14:31:23

I don't think the kids stuff is great. This (kids) summer season is their best for a good few seasons. But the quality is not great for the price.

And I haven't bought anything for myself in Next in years. I always ahve a look but never see anything. Dull shop to walk intoo too, somehow or other. Bikinis were good this year, but could I heck get my size.

cafenoir Mon 08-Jul-13 17:58:15

I used to get lots of stuff in Next back in the day but over the last 6 years or so to me it has gone the way of M&S. Too much unecessary/silly detail, weird/dull colours (though not as bad as M&S in this regard), weird fit and same styles year after year. The last things I got there were a duvet cover and a throw and those had to go back because the quality was poor. I like designs of the Homeware to look at though and they seem better at getting the trends right in that dept.

orangeandemons Mon 08-Jul-13 18:57:12

I think they are caught in the M and S trap too. The same dull colours every season

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now