Six weeks to overhaul my 45 year old self

(30 Posts)
pocketandsweet Thu 04-Jul-13 22:06:04

I have six weeks until I am likely to be in a social circumstance where I will encounter an ex boyfriend after 20 years. In brief he was ( and probably still is) a total jerk. For years I would have feared seeing him again but now I just want to cause him as much pain as possible by looking fabulous.

So I am looking for any advice. Although I'm looking to look great I am not interested in any crash dieting type scenarios. I am probably 20 pounds heavier ( a pound a year!)but I have already started alternating Couch to 10k with Shred. I have a pretty decent diet ( but probably too much coffee and maybe white carbs/sugar). I thought I would try body brushing and regular moisturising. I've started with fish oil supplements too. Has anyone tried Proskins? Are they worth a go? Ideas gratefully received .

PoshPaula Mon 08-Jul-13 10:21:46

I too realise the shallowness of this and I would feel (and have felt) exactly the same way as you do.

Look really happy (as I think you are!). That will be the best thing you can do for your looks as well.

DameFanny Mon 08-Jul-13 10:26:26

The quickest most impactful thing you can do is sort your posture out - that's the thing which persuades other people you're looking fabulous. Spend 10 minutes everyday in front of a mirror with your back straight and shoulders down. And add some Pilates to the mix

irisgrey Mon 08-Jul-13 10:39:22

I've just read the tip about eating loads of carrots to give you a healthy glow so thought I would add a word of warning. One of our favourite stories in this family is the one where my mother in law ate so many grated carrots that she went bright orange all over, and I mean all over, including the palms of her hands. However, she is quite extreme and this was after eating kilos of them for quite a long period. She still eats quite a lot of them and always has an orange-ish tint to her but she also sunbathes. She firmly believes that the carrots help her tan.

I need to sort myself out too so will be following some of these tips myself. I particularly like the posture one.

PoshPaula Mon 08-Jul-13 10:41:14

How many carrots do you have to eat before you turn orange?!

DameFanny Mon 08-Jul-13 10:58:51

Posture works... DH has had comments at work about how I glide about intimidatingly - truth is I have joint problems and it's the only way I can move without making things worse grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now