Help please! Need to get a work outfit in "plus" size for next week

(14 Posts)
Renovatinghouse Thu 04-Jul-13 18:11:51

Hello! my baby is 5 months old and I gained a massive amount of weight during pregnancy which I have not managed to lose yet. So none of my pre baby clothes fit at all.

And I have to attend a work event next week so need to get a nice suit and top but even size 18 is too small so cannot find anything that fits me in shops like Jaeger, Banana Republic, John Lewis : ( Do you have any recommendations please? It is so depressing!

Many thanks!!

Icelollycraving Thu 04-Jul-13 19:01:03

Monsoon go up to size 22. Not been in for a while though.

archaicmother Thu 04-Jul-13 19:27:04

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/All-Sale/Edith-Pleat-Front-Dress/202191019

Could you wear this with a jacket? I've got one and it looks smart and tailored but is soft jersey and the pleating covers post pregnancy belly. It's a very generous fit as well so if you can get hold of an 18 it might fit

chubbymomie2012 Thu 04-Jul-13 19:29:13

Simply be is great and they do next day delivery x

ChunkyPickle Thu 04-Jul-13 19:29:58

I've always had good luck in M&S for smart workwear in the bigger sizes (their lined cashmere rich trousers are very nice to wear for instance). I have the added fun that I'm very short, but they always have a mix of lengths.

Best to go to a bigger store if you can find one - or just order a load online and send back what's bad if you can't.

charitymum Thu 04-Jul-13 19:41:23

Boden Wrap and Poetry all go up to 22.
For casual Hennes BB range is good- can order online as well as bigger stores.
Next do up to 22 online too.

Renovatinghouse Fri 05-Jul-13 01:58:01

Thank you so much for al the suggestions! Will order some things online and will see. Thanks!!

ratbagcatbag Fri 05-Jul-13 02:05:43

Next go up to 22 in their workwear range smile

Rulesgirl Fri 05-Jul-13 02:11:07

I would go with a pair of nice bootcut black trousers. A white t shirt and a black jacket with maybe a scarf or a long long necklace and a pair of sexy gorgeous high healed sandals but make sure the trousers are long enough to almost cover the sandals. Something like this from Next maybe www.next.co.uk/x5184s8 or
www.next.co.uk/women/tailored-looks/tailoring/8 there is some nice things here that you could dress up or down.

Rulesgirl Fri 05-Jul-13 02:14:18

Next go up to size 24 I think but you shouldn't need that size. If your just over a size 18 you might find that 18 Next fits cause they are usually a little bit on the generous side. smile

Rulesgirl Fri 05-Jul-13 02:15:06

Sorry Rat didn't see you had posted re Next as well. smile

Renovatinghouse Sat 06-Jul-13 03:50:49

Thanks so much! I got a nice top from Monsoon and will try Next for the trousers and jackets. I appreciate your help!

Rulesgirl Sat 06-Jul-13 04:02:00

Whats the top like Renovating?

Renovatinghouse Sat 03-Aug-13 19:40:01

it's white with some discreet silver embroidery. But I then decided that it was not formal enought. So I ordered a cream jacket and top from John Lewis on sale which fitted very well and were on sale. Very good quality and not too expensive. but I realized that I am size 20 and not 18 : (

But, Since then i started a low carb diet and have lost 5 kilos! so i am very happy about that.

sorry for late reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now