Where the hell can I buy a swimsuit that doesn't make me look crap?!

(14 Posts)
TiredMule Thu 04-Jul-13 13:25:44

Desperately need to find one in the next 2 weeks!
I'm a size 10-12, but bottom half is more a 12. Small boobs so most of them make me look completely flat chested. I suit plunge style bras not balcony as I have narrow shoulders ( most swim stuff looks more balcony shaped).
I want it to slim me and not squish my boobs.

Where can I try, I've been looking for ages! Most are halter neck in the shops and it just doesn't seem to work on me hmm

Also hopefully less than £40

Please help! thanks

oscarwilde Thu 04-Jul-13 13:33:10

Weirdly [given the horizontal stripes] this was surprisingly flattering and I have a similar build

TiredMule Thu 04-Jul-13 14:49:01

Oscar-no link is showing up hmm

zxspectrum Thu 04-Jul-13 14:50:34

Just got a Boden swimsuit (that is such a mum thing to do) and it's great - a good fit and flatters small boobs. I am a similar shape to you I think. It's the one with twisty bit at the front. I used a voucher code to make it cheaper. Good luck!

TiredMule Thu 04-Jul-13 15:09:31

Ooh i will have a look! What is the sizing like?

LaVitaBellissima Thu 04-Jul-13 15:11:57

Me too, I have been braving a bikini as I am so flat chested post children that it is more flattering than a swimsuit!

Links please to miraculous swimsuits!

oscarwilde Thu 04-Jul-13 17:05:45

Sorry - head like a sieve. Site won't come up now. Will try to link later.
It's from Fatface, a tankini, horizontal stripes with a halter neck. Navy and white, or red and navy. I got larger navy bottoms than a top so the halter neck fits really nicely without sagging or being too tight.

CointreauVersial Thu 04-Jul-13 22:58:20

Ooh, Oscar, I just bought that one!

TiredMule Fri 05-Jul-13 13:50:59

Right, thank you! I've ordered the boden and fat face ones this morning but will order more if anyone else has any suggestions!?
I really hope one of them is ok!
Which colours did you get? Is the sizing true/big/small?

carrie74 Fri 05-Jul-13 16:35:57

Fr swimming costumes, I've got one from JL (shape wear type thing), which was spendy, but has done me for YEARS. Then last summer bought a Boden one, and this year got a bargainous one in Old Navy on holiday. I have a similar shape to you, and just buy when and where, as it's hard to find them.

Bikinis, rather oddly I find triangles most flattering.

AWimbaWay Fri 05-Jul-13 22:06:28

I have this sweaty betty swimsuit, it's very flattering and practical.

TSSDNCOP Fri 05-Jul-13 23:51:05

Have you tried Sainsbury? They've got really lovely cossies.

Bexicles Sat 06-Jul-13 08:51:05

I also have a beautiful, very flattering swimsuit from (whispers)...Boden.

TiredMule Mon 08-Jul-13 10:39:44

My boden order has just arrived. I ordered the twist front swimsuit and tankini and they are both great! Will just wait for the fat face order and choose between them!
Thank you so much, I look so much better in them than anything else I've tried. Just wish they could magically make me look perfect wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now