Does long or short hair suit me better (with pics for limited time!)

(65 Posts)

I currently have a kind of layeredy bob. I feel a bit frumpy (could be to do with still carrying too much baby weight) and have never been truly happy with any hair style

So I have put some pics on my profile of my hair in roughly chronological order. I would love to just wash and go which I can do with a longer style, so I'm wondering if I should go long again (also it's fashionable innit?) However, does the long hair drag down my narrow/petite face? And am I better with or without a fringe? Hair is thick and naturally a bit wavy

please bear in mind that I will look better in the older (long hair) photos as these were taken up to 10 years ago ie: pre DC!

If anyone wants to guess my age while we're at it (from the last pic) go for it, as I also have a slight reservation about longer hair now I'm a bit older.

Do your worst. I can take it.

miffybun73 Thu 04-Jul-13 08:17:15

Definitely longer, it looks really lovely. I agree with celestialbows last comment.

I'm 40 in a couple of weeks and never want to cut my hair short smile

celestialbows Thu 04-Jul-13 08:10:51

Long. Definitely. The bob makes you look like a naice mum but the long makes you look like a real woman.

Elquota Wed 03-Jul-13 23:43:50

I think it would really suit you a couple of inches shorter, with some layers to bring out the natural wave.

BOF Wed 03-Jul-13 23:36:18

I like the bob, especially with the ends curled under, like 2009.

Pics back on for tonight

BOF Wed 03-Jul-13 22:27:34

Put them back up! At least for tonight, please.

busyboysmum Wed 03-Jul-13 22:26:00

Clare I couldn't comment on your pics as you'd already taken them down, meanie!

busyboysmum Wed 03-Jul-13 22:23:43

Chic I'd love the details of a good hairdresser in Manchester, am in a similar dilemma and have had a long bob forever. Am quite worried now with all the mumsy comments but need some advice about what would suit my face shape.

Thanks florence. I'll probably be posting again in a few years to see if I can still get away with long hair in my 40's! I'm finding this a bit of a funny age for hair and clothes tbh but I'm not sure how much of that is to do with having virtually no time to myself to shop/primp etc and being tired

Have taken the photos down now

florencearbuthnot Wed 03-Jul-13 18:12:42

I think you look fab with longer hair,(love the owl by the way).Have recently been hesitating myself after having my hair long and had a chop but feel a bit frumpy if im honest so,I may be biased.I dont think there is an age when you should not have long hair as long as it looks good.

Thanks for keeping 'em coming!

whiteandyellowiris I figured tucking behind ears would make my narrow face look a bit wider. I thought I might be too old now to get away with long hair but it seems I am wrong and have gone short too early!

So kind quirrelquarrel! Am 38

hugoagogo Wed 03-Jul-13 16:51:40

It looks nicer longer, you look a bit like Naiomi whatsit from citv.

also maybe in another 10 years or so you might not be able to get away with long hair, not everyone can as they get older, so why not have it long while you can

Your DS is adorable and you're pretty!

Think you really suit long hair.
From the 2013 picture I'd say early to mid thirties?

i think you look younger and prettier with long hair, though stop tucking it behind your ears!

<ido that too>

LemonBreeland Wed 03-Jul-13 15:46:01

I like both on you, but would go with long hair if I was you.

I currently have long hair, I have always grown it long enough to be tied back when my children were little, as I have no time to do it. I've decided now to keep it long for a while as in a few years I feel I will be too old for long hair.

I love my hair short, but it is a lot of work. I do think I suit it long too.

squoosh Wed 03-Jul-13 15:45:02

grin

You don't look that mumsy, you just look a little mumsy.

I'm in East Mids Chicaguapa but thanks for the thought!

Am cringing now that I've been walking around looking so mumsy for so long

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Wed 03-Jul-13 15:02:40

I like it long. What you linked to is lovely. I'm 38 and you look much younger than me

Mollydoggerson Wed 03-Jul-13 15:00:38

I prefer the long.

Both nice but long more youthful!

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 03-Jul-13 14:58:35

With a long face, you need to add volume at the sides - I think a styled wavy hairstyle would suit you (as in pic 3).

chicaguapa Wed 03-Jul-13 13:45:50

Your hair in 2004/2005 looks the nicest IMO. Agree that the shorter hair looks mumsy.

Where do you live? I can recommend a fab hairdresser in Manchester that would decide for you.

snoworneahva Wed 03-Jul-13 13:45:30

I'd go for shorter no fringe!

NightScentedStock Wed 03-Jul-13 13:40:10

Yes, that looks lovely

NightScentedStock Wed 03-Jul-13 13:38:35

Longer, definitely.

Everything that GaryBuseysteeth said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now