What online shop do you purchase from, yet always seem to return.?

(58 Posts)
EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 15:51:49

And you can't break the chuffing habit ?

jamaisjedors Wed 03-Jul-13 08:54:09

Agree about Asos - most of it is pretty bad quality when it has arrived.

Also agree about Boden, I have sent it all back this year and last, need to "unsubscribe" to the catalogues.

blueshoes Wed 03-Jul-13 00:08:30

Boden. Their clothes are too loose and does not hug my figure enough, even size 6 petite. I look frumpy.

SilverSixpence Tue 02-Jul-13 23:12:30

Toast. I'm a short person, why I keep buying their stylishly shapeless dresses I will never know. And those enormous boxes cost a fortune to return!

DIddled Tue 02-Jul-13 23:02:13

Love Baukjen but agree with previous poster that it is made for willowy ladies and not pears like me. Sigh - won't give up tho' the catalogue is my guilty pleasure and I am exercising like a demon so one day hopefully..... I have the afore mentioned maxi dress- very very long and clingy , far too long to wear with converse as planned so it will be worn in winter with heeled ankle boots and a denim jacket a la Nigella...

HollaAtMeBaby Tue 02-Jul-13 22:23:40

ASOS. Looks great in photos but the fabrics are always really cheap/thin/shiny and the general quality is really poor.

HoneyandRum Tue 02-Jul-13 20:47:00

Boden. I never buy any of their stuff now, I don't know what I was thinking. It is so frumpy. J Crew is much better once you figure out what size you are (they flatter on the size). Although I did order a lot of stuff this year that got sent back, but mostly because I had to work out what size I was in their clothes.

GP hideous - appallingly bad quality in nasty, itchy fabrics that would self destruct if put anywhere near a naked flame - and all so long and shapeless.

Eliza22 Mon 01-Jul-13 09:28:46

Also Hush. I guess I'm just not "willowy" enough. They sent me their idea of "large" and I looked like a sausage. I'm usually a 12 to 14 top and a 14-16 bottom. Typical pear shape. M&S I'm a 12-14 so, God knows what sizing HUSH is supposed to be! Oh and I'm 5ft 6".

noddyholder Mon 01-Jul-13 09:12:16

Oh god GP was something i 'discovered' from MN all horrible

EliotNess Mon 01-Jul-13 09:10:07

i never buy boden dresses skirts or trousers

ALl designed for horsey pear shapes with no tits and HUGE thighs.

angeltulips Mon 01-Jul-13 09:03:41

French connection. Great photography, such a let down when it arrives.

MadBusLady Mon 01-Jul-13 08:55:46

Oh and LR I sadly gave up on years ago. There was an occasional gem, but the sizing is chaotic.

MadBusLady Mon 01-Jul-13 08:54:40

Boden again. I've got dresses from there several years old that's slinky, the correct length and a good neckline. They used to be great at "Who me showing my tits? Nooo!" necklines. Now it's all just too long, too high cut and usually empire lined as well.

Eliza22 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:43:36

Boden. Kid's stuff is great. Clothing for me? Pain in the butt..... Sizing never reliable/crap material for the price/waiting forever for stuff to come back I to stock. No more! As soon as the little catalogue thuds through the letterbox, I (recycle) bin it, unopened.

Missbopeep Mon 01-Jul-13 08:22:02

Boden. This season I have returned 95% of it, and even stuff I bought months ago.

chanie44 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:20:01

Zara-I'm petite and the clothes make me look like I'm playing dress up in my mums clothes when I was 5. I am curvy though, so it horrendous.

amessagetoyouYoni Sun 30-Jun-13 22:36:58

Next. I know its all tatty, ill fitting shite....but cannot break the habit.

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 22:16:10

Yes. I think vest is the way to go

EarlyInTheMorning Sun 30-Jun-13 19:19:19

Great Plains. Such shite. Yet, I keep ordering. Idiot.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 30-Jun-13 19:17:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoodleAlley Sun 30-Jun-13 19:08:36

Next.

Stuff looks nice online but always seems to be apalling quality when it arrives.

Recently ordered cute dress for DD in 3-6 months and it came with an enormous metal zip on the back that I wouldn't have wanted to lie back on let alone have my baby's neck rest on.

FoxPass Sun 30-Jun-13 19:05:00

Next. their stuff looks nice but sizes are a total lottery hmm

Annianni Sun 30-Jun-13 18:59:44

Atterley Road, it's free delivery and returns so it's not too bad.
Think they must hate me by now though grin

I like this except for the shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now