What online shop do you purchase from, yet always seem to return.?

(58 Posts)
EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 15:51:49

And you can't break the chuffing habit ?

rubylovescheese Sun 30-Jun-13 15:56:06

French connection. Stuff looks awful when it arrives.

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 15:57:08

I keep buying high necked stuff and it looks shit. From h and m often. Or collarless jackets. Dire (Zara )

This is why I rarely bother shopping online! smile

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 16:00:32

Ooh I love the thrill of a parcel. And free delivery

I get my parcel kicks from Amazon - books don't have too high necks!

charitygirl Sun 30-Jun-13 16:06:10

I've broken the Great Plains habit after one too many bafflingly shapeless tops.

cece Sun 30-Jun-13 16:10:31

Great Plains too. I have sent back every single thing I have ordered.

SofaCanary Sun 30-Jun-13 16:10:42

Boden, have never kept a single thing.

EmpireBiscuit Sun 30-Jun-13 16:11:51

Next - seems cheap tat always arrives.

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 16:11:57

Great Plains. That's true. Anyone want a polyester black dress?

Flossiechops Sun 30-Jun-13 16:15:46

Hush, their stuff looks fab on the age 16 models but not so on a mid thirty size 12 woman! Granted I've kept a few things but have returned more than I've kept!

charitygirl Sun 30-Jun-13 16:21:19

Yup - I'm not convinced by Hush except for the harem pants which are the best I've found.

Baukjen and Boden.

Lovely denim dress from Baukjen - ordered it twice! It was just too short so it went back. A couple of months later, having lost a few lbs I ordered it again in the same size but it still looked too short. Also ordered a stripy dress from them. I looked like a stripy frumpy boa constrictor that had swallowed a baby hippo. At a size 12 I'm not huge but I'm an hourglass and I think you have to be quite boyish for a lot of their stuff. I keep looking at this maxi dress but I KNOW it'll just go back so have managed to resist ordering it but I really love it! Keep wondering if it's the one item on the whole site that, sartorially anyway, will change my life forever. No, it'll just go back won't it.

Every now and again I go wild and order a dress for myself from Boden. They always always go back. Either the fabric is a bit stiff or the neck too high or the length too long. I see a fabric I like, order the dress and cross my fingers but I just look I've raided an old Aunts wardrobe when I put it on. I don't even look at their dresses now and stick to their tunic tops and boyswear (For DS3, not myself obviously).

CointreauVersial Sun 30-Jun-13 16:38:17

Zara. I get a rush of blood to the head at Sale time, and order all sorts of stuff, but their sizing is so hit and miss you can guarantee that anything I like doesn't fit me (or vice versa).

I just ordered from Great Plains for the first time ever, and was a bit nervous, as they don't offer free returns on sale items, but it was fine.

I am glad that Primark don't do online clothes! I would be bankrupt! wink

pocketandsweet Sun 30-Jun-13 16:48:06

Toast. I've kept one bikini top but sent back probably 15 other things.

Tweet2tweet Sun 30-Jun-13 16:56:48

Boden and The White Company. Both a real let down on quality, especially considering the price!

LottieJenkins - I read recently that Primark clothes will soon be available to order online though the ASOS website.

Noooooooooooo.................... grin

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 30-Jun-13 17:10:51

All shoe shops for big feet.
I have just spent £35 on postage to get and return 8 pairs of shoes.

And I haven't got any shoes!

Corygal Sun 30-Jun-13 17:10:56

Primark is on asos now - only 40 pieces tho'. Same price as the store and free delivery tho'...

SwedishEdith Sun 30-Jun-13 17:27:03

Everything from La Redoute used to go back. Never even look now.

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 17:54:34

ooh i ordered a jacket from zara sale to get free delivery and i bloody LUFF it. That was not how it was supposed to end

EliotNess Sun 30-Jun-13 17:57:07

ah swedish I got a black broderie short skirt from LR and I like it, but i cant think what to wear on top without being pattern overload OR looking like bloody Johny Cash
here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now