My poor DD has cut her eyebrows :(

(28 Posts)
CambridgeBlue Sun 30-Jun-13 08:26:45

She's only 11 and has unfortunately inherited her Dad's hirsute-ness. I think her eyebrows look fine but she hates them and the other day I noticed she'd attacked them with scissors. Luckily they don't look too bad but I'm worried she's going to mess with them again.

I didn't want her to start worrying about her appearance so young and I've told her she looks lovely as she is and promised that when she's a bit older I'll take her to a salon to have them shaped properly but it's obviously not doing any good - due I think to bitchy girls at school.

What shall I do? I don't want her to wreck her eyebrows - mine are not great due to 80s over-plucking - so I'm going to have to help her out somehow.

SorrelForbes Sun 30-Jun-13 22:41:40

My Dniece had a mono-brow from the age of about 8. At 10 she begged me to help her deal with it as my DSis was a little reluctant. I got her some immac for facial use and she went from there. She (now 15) sorts it out herself these days and apart from one disaster all is well.

Unfortunately she still gets teased about her hairy arms (girls can be cruel).

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 01-Jul-13 08:00:13

At 11 there was a girl in my class having her legs waxed every 6 weeks, this is 25 years ago so it's nothing new.

bishboschone Tue 02-Jul-13 12:30:52

I know a girl who had a massive mono brow .. I mean really thick and black. It has vanished recently so I can only presume try have let her wax or thread it. I don't think it would hurt if its a source of upset for her .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now