What's your best breakout remedy? My poor skin... I look like an aging teenager.

(30 Posts)
Jacksmania Sat 29-Jun-13 16:54:16

Help!

My skin is having a trauma. A combination of too much stress, not enough water, possibly not the best dietary choices, and heat (heat here and quite a bit of hot yoga).

Most of the above are in the process of being remedied (not the heat - we need the sun, Western Canada has been soaked, and I love my hot yoga), but in the mean time, I need your favourite zit-fighting products.

I do have good stuff to clean, exfoliate and moisturize my face don't I just sound like a Clinique ad, but I need something powerful to calm down and dry up these painful red inflamed volcanoes that are making me miserable.

Seriously. I never went through this in my teens. WHY NOOOOOOWWWWWWW?????

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Mon 01-Jul-13 23:09:05

LaRoche Posay Effaclar AI is the first spot treatment I've ever found that works and also doesn't make the area of skin look like red sandpaper.

hot flannel, la roche posay and then cold flannel to finish.

remove every scrap of make up at night - wipes don't work for people with skin like ours, you need a good hot scrub.

Only use non comodogenic make up such as Vichy dermablend

drink plenty of water

never get complacent when your skin improves - it only takes a week or two to slip back.

DevonCiderPunk Mon 01-Jul-13 23:19:03

Would encourage anyone who suffers with spots to google peri-oral dermatitis. My GP diagnosed this & a course of antibiotics does the trick. had a spotty chin all my life until then (40 next year!) I agree with others that antibiotics shouldn't be taken lightly, but I had no side-effects, which was a relief as I usually get unpleasant ones & am even allergic to a couple.

babySophieRose Tue 02-Jul-13 10:19:39
Jacksmania Tue 02-Jul-13 13:51:24

Thanks - I did actually have that about ten years ago, and somehow it cleared up by itself.
But I wouldn't choose take antibiotics for anything other than a real infection, they upset my insides too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now