Alert Alert! Emergency holiday makeover required

(25 Posts)

Yep gradual tan will even it out. Accessorise should have some good stuff

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_4,acc_4.8/3933120300.
. These are nice.

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_4,acc_4.13/3910881100

Nice hat

I know you'd got one but this is beautiful

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_4.4/4974089950

Have a fab time!!!

BoffinMum Sun 30-Jun-13 22:38:57

I couldn't get to Tesco, sadly, but I am hoping to be able to pick up some gradual tanning lotion at the airport along with the Carmex. Are there any things at Accessorise it might be worth getting as well at the same time?

I have managed to get a really British sunburn today with white areas where my sundress was and red in between. I will look very odd, I think. Would fake tan get rid of something like that??

I don't hide anything really as I am just glad I have limbs, but I like to make the best of what's there.

Morning boffin, how did the Tesco shop go?
I hate my thighs. I just hide them!

BoffinMum Sat 29-Jun-13 08:38:01

I managed to snaffle a fuchsia pink kaftan cover up thingy from John Lewis, so that's sorted. I like those sunglasses, I will go over to Tesco later and see if they have some.

Now thighs. They are very blobby and English looking. Emergency improvements?

BoffinMum Sat 29-Jun-13 08:34:37

Carmex is great, it works on cuticles too. I shall get some.

www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-macrame-trim-straw-trilby-hat/invt/bf313174/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgholidayshop,womens-holiday-shop

This is the kind of hat. You'll look festival-y (I know I've made that word up!)

These are the kind of sunglasses I meant.

www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-oversized-sunglasses/invt/bq311006/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgholidayshop,womens-holiday-shop

And if you feel a bit unconfident in your swimsuit (not that you should)

www.clothingattesco.com/swimwear/f+f-zanzibar-print-kaftan/invt/bg310010/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgholidayshop,womens-holiday-shop

Also, maybe a couple of scarves and some flip flops with jewels on?

Saidar Fri 28-Jun-13 23:48:33

YY Ruby!

Saidar Fri 28-Jun-13 23:48:16

No, it's a wee pot sold with all the other lipglosses. I cannot do without it, it's colourless and lovely. White pot with a bright yellow lid. I may be using the wrong word, I may mean lip balm.

rubybricks Fri 28-Jun-13 23:47:42

carmex?

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 23:25:47

Is the yellow lip gloss by Mac?

Saidar Fri 28-Jun-13 23:05:34

Get that lip gloss in the yellow tin! Begins with a C. Apply little and often. This is my only beauty tip but the stuff is amazing especially if you're going somewhere hot and dry. You'll need one with SPF while you're there but your lips will look lovely after two days of this stuff.

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:45:42

Can

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:45:31

Please suggest funky hat I am buy in Supermarket tomorrow?

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:41:26

Right
I have cleansed and I have Kiehl's overnight facial peel on, which DD brought me in April but which I have only used a couple of times.
I have also used some eye cream I bought the other day having seen myself on TV with funny looking eyes.
I am about onto put base coat on my toe nails as that will dry before bedtime.
I have bought a new swimsuit, a couple of flippy skirts and some other bits and pieces.

Johnsons not John sound!

Take a hat and it'll sort out hair :-) get your feet all nice and your hands too- mini manicure and pedicure and some nice nail varnishes to take too.
Gradual tan is amazing. I'm using dove one £3 in asda! Tried john sound before and was streaky but this is going well!
Make sure you have some clothes that make you feel good too as that'll give you more confidence. Some trendy sunglasses too? Primark have loads for a couple of pounds ATM.

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:31:22

Just off to start mini facial!

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:30:04

Notice the brows

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:29:46

I had a haircut last week but it has been very difficult to manage since then. It's quite curly and fine and it now has sticky out bits even if I style it nicely.

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:28:40

Gradual tan is a BRILLIANT idea!!!
My eyebrows are quite good, I think. I went to a brow bar once and they said there was nothing worth doing there. Perhaps people will price the brows and not the cellulite ...

Ha just saw fake tan is a no, gradual tan isn't as bad?!
Have a facial too if you can or do an at home one. (They make me feel luffly)

Get your hair cut, get your eyebrows waxed (and any other parts you want doing) honestly getting my eyebrows done lifts my face so much.
Maybe start using one of those gradual tan moisturisers. I've nern using mine for 2days and look better.
Have you got clothes sorted? Where are you going?

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:24:24

I will do anything except fake tan and drinking my own wee.

Chottie Fri 28-Jun-13 22:22:34

just bumping it up, as it is my kind of thread smile

BoffinMum Fri 28-Jun-13 22:21:07

Good people of Mumsnet.
I am going on holiday on Monday and look a fat mess. shock
What can I do in 48 hours to improve things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now