I'm attending a wedding reception tomorrow, full of towie types - please help me keep my nerve!

(16 Posts)
HesterShaw Fri 28-Jun-13 22:48:57

That dress is bloody gorgeous envy

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 22:37:23

And we are not in Essex!is townie style. I think the whole give everything a boost sort of look is pretty much ubiquitous now. Everything is longer, premier, browner, blonder etc

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 22:35:52

Not making fun of them. I know my 'look' is not everyone's cup of tea!

I was feeling a bit old and out of step is all.

These are my friends!

Karbea Fri 28-Jun-13 22:13:42

Oh just be you. I grew up in towie and I'm definitely nothing like them, although I am blonde ;)
Most Essex girls are lovely and the county as a whole is the friendliest place on earth. I'm sure they'll love your style.

HabbaDabbaDoo Fri 28-Jun-13 22:13:37

Why is it acceptable to make fun of WC Essex girls but not to make fun of WC girls?

Nevermind. This is a light hearted thead about clothes so forget that I mentioned it.

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 22:10:08

My dress is not quite so bright or shiny, but it is upfront. I think I need to grin and fake confidence.

I might put on the false lashes! I'm not anti fake, but I'm not sure I'd recognise some of my fiends au natural!

cannotfuckingbelievethis Fri 28-Jun-13 22:08:20

In that dress you're going to stand out...but for all the right reasons. Have a fab day x

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:56:46

Usually I am fine, I just think I am so different to look at to the very consistent look they sport, I do feel a bit like I am from another planet, let alone generation! But I am only ten years older!

chunkymonkeybaby Fri 28-Jun-13 21:53:35

You will look gorgeous! I have VoH dresses, I have 2 myself.

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:50:41

I'm willing to mix with all kinds grin

Chubfuddler Fri 28-Jun-13 21:47:56

Nothing wrong with looking like someone's mum. How on earth did you come to be invited to the TOWIE wedding?

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:47:45
ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:45:27

Im Not usually too insecure, but I am about ten years older than most there.

I am fairly bold, I'll be wearing a bright blue 1950s style dress with retro accessories, so not a wall flower. I think I'm scared I'll look like their mum!

BreasticlesNTesticles Fri 28-Jun-13 21:41:39

Oooo what you wearing?

<nosy and unashamed>

chunkymonkeybaby Fri 28-Jun-13 21:40:38

You will look stylish and chic because you WON'T look like a TOWIE wannabe. You will look far classier I'm sure grin

ITCouldBeWorse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:37:01

I do not have hair or lash extensions, no spray tan, my heels are 3" high and my teeth have not been bleached.

I think I scrub up ok, but I don't look like the others (how pathetic do I sound?).

I am doing my nails, I will do my hair but trying to brace myself for looking like mrs sensible!

Please tell me I will look stylish and chic (needy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now