What make-up do you wear day to day?

(98 Posts)
Skinheadmermaid Fri 28-Jun-13 13:57:30

I used to be quite arty and always approached make up as a type of painting-i'm oft surprised at the number of ladies that go bare faced.
So may i ask what make up do you wear day to day?
I usually only have ten minutes to throw on a full face in the mornings so i wear :

Foundation/primer
Two concealers- one to smooth bumps and scars, the other to cover spots.
Blusher
Eyeshadow in a neutral shade ( i sadly don't have time to blend coloured ones on work days)
Black liquid eyeliner
Mascara
Lipliner
Lipstick-fushia looks best on me
I don't fill in my brows or anything as they're already really thick.

How about you, what do you wear? smile

Bertrude Sun 30-Jun-13 05:40:03

I clearly do not belong in style and beauty.

I wear MAC mineralise powder and No 7 lippy in 'Chic' colour as its fairly neutral. Occasionally I stick on some mascara.

All this is done stopped at traffic lights in the car on my way to work.

None what so ever just some moisturiser. I hate the feel of it on my face though will put foundation, powder,eyeshadow, blusher and lipstick on for special events, so about six times a year. I couldn't even tell you what makes they are. I'm 48 this year and don't think I will change now. Though quick boast, most people think I'm 30 something, whether that is because I have never worn makeup I don't know.

whyno Sun 30-Jun-13 06:29:31

Foundation, blusher and lippy. Eye make up makes me look a bit 'drag' since I hit my 30s.

cafenoir Sun 30-Jun-13 17:03:27

Everyday (and for going out too): takes 5/7 mins.

Smashbox or Benefit Porefessional Primer
Estee Lauder Doublewear lite foundation
YSL Touche Eclat
Benefit Hello Flawless powder (beautiful dewy finish)
Nars Orgasm blush
No 7 or current favourite eyeshadow
Benefit High Beam on brow/cheekbones
Smashbox Limitless eye liner pencil
Body shop or whatever eyebrow powder/pencil
Blinc mascara
Rimmel lipstick

Eliza22 Sun 30-Jun-13 18:36:24

When I was a gal, some 30 odd years ago (50 now) I was often told not to wear makeup all the time. Back then, there was no "everyday spf 15" moisturiser; no such thing as self tan and I did use foundation and blush and "eyeballs" everyday, as I am blonde and pale and look dead without it. Now, my older sister and I are only the minimum of months apart in age and she has far wrinklier skin than I. She used to be of the " let your skin breathe" brigade and I have to say, I don't believe it! Skin excretes..... It does not breathe. If you wear light makeup and thoroughly remove it each day, it does no harm in terms of "suffocating" skin.

Now, I wear spf 50 and love wearing my makeup. Every day except on holiday.

cafenoir Sun 30-Jun-13 18:44:09

That's interesting Eliza. I'm in my 50's too, have also worn make up since my late teens (I look ill without it) and barely have a wrinkle. I don't have wonderful skin but I honestly don't think make-up has done it any harm over the years. And over the last few years stuff has just got better and better and my skin looks the best it's ever looked thanks to all the high tech gear available smile

Bunbaker Sun 30-Jun-13 18:46:59

I am 54 and hardly ever wear make up, but I have worn moisturiser since I was 15 and always cleanse my face night and morning. I have excellent skin and look younger than my years.

bouncysmiley Sun 30-Jun-13 18:55:07

I now feel like a scruff! Normally bb cream mascara and lip gloss. Interesting replies. I should make more of an effort. MN you have inspired me and I will try and make more of an effort.

Branleuse Sun 30-Jun-13 19:05:07

foundation - doublewear, but sparingly applied, mainly to even out under eye colour.

eyeliner
mascara - clinique lash power or ELdouble wear.
eyebrow shadow.
lipstick, shade depending on what im wearing

amigababy Sun 30-Jun-13 19:06:11

none unless going out, which doesn't happen very often. I've never been able to do eye liner.

but I'm 46 and feel like I need to get a grip, so am marking my place to get some brand ideas. I went out last night and did think I looked better made up

themaltesecat Mon 01-Jul-13 15:34:01

Concealer, eye primer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, foundation, blusher, lippy.

mignonette Mon 01-Jul-13 15:44:43

I'm very very lazy. I use Clarins Beauty Flash Balm or currently a freebie Elemis one. Then it's a slash of black eyeliner using a Dior eyeliner pencil stub and finally Guerlain Divinora lipstick in a deep raspberry red which I use as a light stain with a lipbrush. And that is probably why my lipsticks last about ten years...

Have never worn foundation/concealer in my life as have been lucky enough to not need to. No Mascara as have long eyelashes+ contact lens or glasses (lashes catch against glass lens leaving little black stripes if I wear mascara). I have worn cheek colour using Chanel blushstick but DD went home with it last month so am pallid faced.

Perfume is my thing.

mignonette Mon 01-Jul-13 15:47:20

Oh and I have been known to use MAC Spice all over my lips, rubbed in then a light slick of tinted gloss on top. I have a lot of makeup that I never use.

Old favourites are Agnes B apricot colour corrective and Agnes B mauve tinted colour corrective and NARS multistick.

EugenesAxe Mon 01-Jul-13 16:37:22

Nothing day-to-day. If I want to be 'presentable' (church, relaxed meet-ups with close friends) I will put on blusher and mascara and maybe lipstick. The only times I go the whole hog with foundation, eyeshadow etc. are more flashy evening things and if I'm in a concert (I sing in choirs).

All my makeup is good brands though (Bobbi B, Estee Lauder etc), and I wear a good moisturiser that's applied every day.

EugenesAxe Mon 01-Jul-13 16:38:14

I forgot to add.... and when I bloody feel like looking swanky for once.

Nacster Mon 01-Jul-13 16:54:37

I don't wear anything day to day.

For posh do's I wear eyeliner, mascara and possibly eyeshadow.

I do own foundation but I don't like how it looks so don't bother.

BeCool Netherlands Mon 01-Jul-13 16:57:03

Tinted moisturiser or BB Cream
Eye liner
Mascara
Little bit of blush
Lippy - usually a light one.

This takes about 3 minutes in the morning. If I'm in a rush it will just be tinted moist & lippy.

Sometimes I wear eye shadow, but these days that is more likely at night.

higgle Mon 01-Jul-13 17:00:41

Clinique super-balanced foundation
No 7 Cream blusher
Clinique beigey eyeshadows
M&S mascara
Boots lip pencil - natural coloured - all over lips topped with M&S lip gloss nude.
I try to look like myself, but better. The way I feel today I'm seriously considering trying to look like someone else altogether.

Eliza22 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:33:05

Higgle ... Hahaha!

I love the Clinique Superbalanced .... Does amazing things for my face.

amazingmumof6 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:33:07

none.

at all

auldspinster Mon 01-Jul-13 19:25:29

L'oreal mauve CC cream
Bourjois cream blush in a tawny colour
Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara
Soap and Glory Supercat liquid eyeliner
Smudge of graphite mua 3 in 1 eye stick under bottom lashes
Red lippy

thepurplepenguin Mon 01-Jul-13 20:39:35

Mineral foundation - Mii Minerals
Mineral blush - Mii
Concealer if required - No 7 but it's crap
Curl lashes and use mascara - Max Factor Masterpiece
Clear mascara on eyebrows - Collection 2000 atm but anything cheap
Eyebrow pencil- Rimmel
Brown eyeliner - Bourjois

For a night out I use Clinique super moisture foundation instead of the mineral powder foundation and add some eyeshadow.

BerkshireMum Mon 01-Jul-13 23:07:45

Helene E foundation topped ATM with benefit tinted moisturiser
Natural source cream blusher
Benefit high beam
Clinique lid smoothie
Mac liquid eyeliner (usually purple)
Clinique brown mascara
Benefit high brow
Maybeline 24 colour lip stick (in red as eyes are very minimal, despite the number of products!)

5-7 mins in the morning - had years to practice!

Interested about the comments on wrinkles. I'm 43 and at a recent school reunion was complimented on being virtually wrinkle free (I wish!). I've worn a full face ever since I was 16. Can't image doing anything else, but I always take it off properly at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now